Hedonism

10 April 2022
12 September 2021 | Maupiti
14 August 2021
21 February 2021 | Toau Atoll
09 February 2020
28 January 2020
23 January 2019 | Rotoava
06 January 2019 | Fakarava
28 October 2018
14 October 2018 | Papeete, Tahiti
19 August 2018 | 16 06.30'S:142 22.78'W, Rarioa, French Polynesia
30 July 2018 | 16 06.30'S:142 22.78'W, Nuku Hiva

Stuck in Port Huron

11 August 2014 | 45 58.547'N:82 25.539'W, Port Huron MI
Bob
45.58.547N 82.25.539W August 11, 2014 We arrived in Southhampton late in the evening August 6 and anchored behind an island offshore. We had a great sailing day and had the Spinnaker up for over 8 hours straight, a record for us as the wind is usually changing all of the time on the lakes. When we got up in the morning we had been inundated with tiny flies all over the boat. It looked almost furry. We left first thing for Goderich where we arrived at 1730. We anchored in the outer commercial harbor right off of Sifto Salt. Lots of noise! They are re-building the break wall so we got to enjoy hearing huge boulders sliding off dump trucks and the heavy machinery and work boats�... Friday morning (August 08) we departed early for Port Huron. We called ahead to make a reservation and it turns out that the Port Huron/Sarnia International Off Shore power boat races are this weekend. He asked us if we minded being on the wall downtown and well, we did not have much of a choice. Actually, it is not bad. We still have power and water and only $20 per night vs. 80 or so in the marina. And as a bonus, we have an ATM one floor up. (see the photo in the album) The package that we had coming from Barkers Marina was to be delivered Saturday but it did not show up so we are stuck here until at least Monday waiting for it. Things could be worse. At least we got to watch the power boat races. BTW, a Canadian boat �"Cat Can Do�" won the open category. They do over 140 mph on the water; a little loud though. So, hopefully the package shows up this morning but now the weather looks like it is turning for the next few days. I have no idea where we will be tonight, somewhere downstream on the St Clair River�.... New photos and videos have been uploaded to our album. We have WIFI!
Comments
Vessel Name: Hedonism
Vessel Make/Model: Outbound '46
Hailing Port: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Crew: Bob and Laurie Mackie
About: Retired
Extra:
He-don-ism (hí:d'nįzəm) n. the doctrine that pleasure is the highest good and that moral duty is fulfilled through the pursuit of pleasure. After sailing Superior and Northern Lake Huron for the past 9 years, it's time to cut the ties and explore further. We left Barkers Island Marina on [...]
Home Page: http://hedonism1.ca/
Hedonism's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.