Hedonism

10 April 2022
12 September 2021 | Maupiti
14 August 2021
21 February 2021 | Toau Atoll
09 February 2020
28 January 2020
23 January 2019 | Rotoava
06 January 2019 | Fakarava
28 October 2018
14 October 2018 | Papeete, Tahiti
19 August 2018 | 16 06.30'S:142 22.78'W, Rarioa, French Polynesia
30 July 2018 | 16 06.30'S:142 22.78'W, Nuku Hiva

Home Stretch

12 November 2014 | 20 17.3'N:64 41.0'W, 100 miles north of the BVIs
Bob
N20.17; W 64.41 Hedonism Outbound 46 November 12, 2014 Down to the home stretch. About 100 miles to go as I write this. We had a great night last night. We were anticipating on needing to motor sail the last 48 hours according to the weather router guy (Chris Parker) but the trades that were forecast to be only 10 knots held around 20 -25 knots all night. We were sailing between 7 and 8 knots all night directly at the BVIs. So, we haven�'t used too much fuel on this trip (tanks are at about ½) as we went out of our way east to ensure (hopefully) that we could just sail. Probably cost us almost a day vs. some of the other yachts who motor sailed the last 4 days. Many of these yachts are being �"positioned�" to the BVIs for the winter season and the owners and crews are heading back home for a few weeks so they want to get to destination. We on the other hand are at home�... ETA is currently around midnight tonight but will probably be two hours later than that as we slow to make the entrance. I had originally said that we would not go in at night but on further deliberation and with consultation with other Outbounds that have done this trip before we will continue in. The channel to Gorda Sound on Virgin Gorda Island is wide and marked with lighted buoys. There is a buoyed channel into the Bitter End Yacht Club (www.BEYC.com ) as well where we will pick up a �"free�" mooring as we are a �"Salty Dawg�". Good deal as the mooring are usually $30.00 per night and we get one for free until December 18. We will need to launch the dingy and head over to clear customs later at Gun Creek in the morning. BTW, the dingy has been living un-inflated and upside down lashed to the foredeck for this journey and the anchor was removed and stored in the locker as well so it did not bang around as we buried the bow in the waves. So; all is good and spirits are high!
Comments
Vessel Name: Hedonism
Vessel Make/Model: Outbound '46
Hailing Port: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Crew: Bob and Laurie Mackie
About: Retired
Extra:
He-don-ism (hí:d'nįzəm) n. the doctrine that pleasure is the highest good and that moral duty is fulfilled through the pursuit of pleasure. After sailing Superior and Northern Lake Huron for the past 9 years, it's time to cut the ties and explore further. We left Barkers Island Marina on [...]
Home Page: http://hedonism1.ca/
Hedonism's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.