Hedonism

10 April 2022
12 September 2021 | Maupiti
14 August 2021
21 February 2021 | Toau Atoll
09 February 2020
28 January 2020
23 January 2019 | Rotoava
06 January 2019 | Fakarava
28 October 2018
14 October 2018 | Papeete, Tahiti
19 August 2018 | 16 06.30'S:142 22.78'W, Rarioa, French Polynesia
30 July 2018 | 16 06.30'S:142 22.78'W, Nuku Hiva

Bitter End Yacht Club

21 November 2014 | 18 29.9'N:64 21.4'W, Still on the Ball
Bob
Still Here! Yesterday I went hiking and worked up a pretty good sweat. It was around noon but once I got to the top of the hill the trade winds cooled me off. On Wednesday I installed the new membrane for our water maker. That was fun. Step #1; �"remove plumbing from both ends of membrane tube�". Aka, disassemble half the unit in 89 degree heat�.... I did manage to get it done but took about 5 hours. We are making fresh water from sea water as I write this. Kind of neat and it has absolutely no taste, just like bottled water. Ours is a smallish unit which churns out 7 US gallons per hour. We run it when we run the generator for an hour in the morning to top off the batteries. We are still working out our power requirements in the warm water (30C) for the refrigeration. The wind and solar can keep up if it stays windy. I think once we get the freezer serviced it will run less. We are still having a problem with it in that it continues to run almost constantly. The service guy does not answer his phone so we may have to go to another plan which will mean another island (Country). Skip from Outbound Yachts came in last night in his boat and he is going to call the manufacture for us to try to get something worked out. We need to change the O-rings in the lines, install a line drier, evacuate the system with a vacuum pump and then recharge the system. If I had the pump and attachments I could probably do it myself. The refrigerant is the same stuff used in your car and is available at Canadian Tire. None of those around here�... Got a good night�'s sleep last night without having to get up and close the hatches as the squalls came through like the night before. So that is about it. I am making Laurie her coffee (still in bed) and we will enjoy it in the cockpit before we go for a hike. We decide to stay here a couple of more days so I can go diving on Saturday. I posted a few photos last night of my little hike in our album.
Comments
Vessel Name: Hedonism
Vessel Make/Model: Outbound '46
Hailing Port: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Crew: Bob and Laurie Mackie
About: Retired
Extra:
He-don-ism (hí:d'nįzəm) n. the doctrine that pleasure is the highest good and that moral duty is fulfilled through the pursuit of pleasure. After sailing Superior and Northern Lake Huron for the past 9 years, it's time to cut the ties and explore further. We left Barkers Island Marina on [...]
Home Page: http://hedonism1.ca/
Hedonism's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.