Hedonism

10 April 2022
12 September 2021 | Maupiti
14 August 2021
21 February 2021 | Toau Atoll
09 February 2020
28 January 2020
23 January 2019 | Rotoava
06 January 2019 | Fakarava
28 October 2018
14 October 2018 | Papeete, Tahiti
19 August 2018 | 16 06.30'S:142 22.78'W, Rarioa, French Polynesia
30 July 2018 | 16 06.30'S:142 22.78'W, Nuku Hiva

Virgin Gorda

29 November 2014 | 18 30.632'N:64 21.824'W, Between Prickly Pear and Eustatia Islands
Bob
N18.30.632; W 64.21.824 November 29, 2014 Between Prickly Pear and Eustatia Islands Arrived at Nanny Cay on Tuesday and rinsed the boat off first thing. The refrigeration guy came by on Wednesday morning to �"fix�" our fridge. Nice guy and he evacuated the system, changed the orings (which looked fine but to be sure) and charged the system. He did some more trouble shooting as the problem persisted and came to the conclusion that the thermostat was malfunctioning. Took a look at that and suggested that I buy a new non-digital one he had in stock. He left it to me to change it. We ended up staying a second night as we took a good chunk of the afternoon to go into Road Town to provision. In the morning I was going to change the thermostat and then head out but I did some research (Google) and got a copy of the wiring diagram. Ours was not wired correctly! I changed the wires around, reprogrammed the thermostat and it is now working fine! I guess I have a spare thermostat�... We then repacked our Spinnaker on the front lawn of the hotel and headed out. We were planning on going back to Pond Bay but there were 8 boats there so we continued on to the Bitter End arriving just before sunset. Took the same mooring ball we had just left a few days ago just for the night. On Friday morning we headed around Prickly Pear Island on a nice clear sand bottom behind the reef. I am posting a couple of photos my snorkeling off the boat including a sting ray. Tomorrow we are planning on leaving for St. Martin, a 70 mile trip although we may ended up bypassing there and head straight to Antigua.
Comments
Vessel Name: Hedonism
Vessel Make/Model: Outbound '46
Hailing Port: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Crew: Bob and Laurie Mackie
About: Retired
Extra:
He-don-ism (hí:d'nįzəm) n. the doctrine that pleasure is the highest good and that moral duty is fulfilled through the pursuit of pleasure. After sailing Superior and Northern Lake Huron for the past 9 years, it's time to cut the ties and explore further. We left Barkers Island Marina on [...]
Home Page: http://hedonism1.ca/
Hedonism's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.