S/V Hello Texas

12 March 2016 | Grenada
12 March 2016 | Carriacou
12 March 2016 | Carriacou
29 February 2016 | Union Island
29 February 2016 | Union Island
29 February 2016 | Union Island
17 February 2016 | Tobago Cays, Grenadines
15 February 2016 | Bequia
15 February 2016 | Bequia
15 February 2016 | Bequia
10 February 2016 | St Lucia
09 February 2016 | St Lucia
09 February 2016 | St Lucia
09 February 2016 | St Lucia
08 February 2016 | St Lucia
08 February 2016 | St Lucia
08 February 2016 | Martinique
08 February 2016 | Martinique
08 February 2016 | Martinique
08 February 2016 | Martinique

She's married....

20 September 2006 | Gainesville, Tx
Nicki
She's married and Richard & I can now resume our cruising plans. Richard quit his job last December and we had things ready to sail away for our dream cruise of indefinate time and destinations. We went home for Christmas and our daughter,Robyn, announced her engagment to Ray her boyfriend of three years. Oops, something that Richard & didnt think about nor did we plan for financially. As luck would have it, Richard's boss called just after New Years and offered contract work to him at his recently retired from job. Long story short, Robyn and Ray had a beautiful wedding lake side at our home. Now that is over and everyone is happy, Richard and I are back to planning our return to our boat and cruising plans. We have been able to "visit" the boat in Florida a few times over the past months. Our last trip was to care for the boat during TS Enesto. We decided for this storm all we needed to do was to move Hello Texas to a much larger slip and spider web her in. This has worked for us in the past and did so again this time. While we were working on our preperations a newspaper photographer came by looking for a story. We were it. The next day we learned a sizable picture of us with the boat had made it into the Sun-Sentinal. It was a great shot showing Richard in the dinghy attempting to lasso a pilon. It was great, he actually made it on the first throw, now we all know that is lucky, but it made him look like an expert cowboy from Texas (which he is not). We had our friend Debby drive all over town looking for copies of the paper, only to find three. That should be enough. I had the picture laminated where it will hang next to another newspaper picture of the boat in the V-birth. Yep, it is the second time we or Hello Texas has made the paper, both of course due to storms. Richard has once again turn in his resignation and a flight has been book back to West Palm Beach in mid October. We plan to get out of the marina by October's end and we are keeping our plans loose and flexible at this point. We are tired and looking to take the easy way. Which ever way the wind blows, we will either head south to the Keys or east to the Bahamas. Stay tuned for updates and photos.
Comments
Vessel Name: Hello Texas
Vessel Make/Model: Kadey-Krogen 38' Cutter
Hailing Port: Fort Worth, Texas
Crew: Richard & Nicki
About: Just us.

Who: Richard & Nicki
Port: Fort Worth, Texas