Next Verse

09 January 2013 | Port Canaveral, FL
13 November 2012 | Key West, FL
26 October 2012 | Key West, FL
16 October 2012 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, FL
13 October 2012 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, FL
12 October 2012 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, FL
12 October 2012 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, FL
10 October 2012 | Key Largo, FL
09 October 2012 | Ft Lauderdale, FL
09 October 2012 | Ft Lauderdale, FL
09 October 2012 | Ft Lauderdale, FL
09 October 2012 | Ft Lauderdale, FL
05 October 2012 | Cocoa Beach, FL
04 October 2012 | New Smyrna Beach, FL
03 October 2012 | St Augustine
01 October 2012 | Jacksonville, FL
30 August 2012 | Jacksonville, FL
25 August 2012 | Isle of Hope, GA
21 August 2012 | Charleston, SC
21 August 2012 | Charleston, SC

Riding the Storm Out

27 March 2009 | Guana Cay
Mike
Apologies to REO Speedwagon.... Well, as the wind continued to build and to clock around, the folks at Dive Guana, the company that owns and maintains the moorings here, informed some of us that we may have to vacate our moorings if they start blowing directly into the harbor opening. This could create a situation where the moorings could fail, destroying not only the mooring but the boat attached thereto and any boats it crashes into....and so on and so on...

This motivated Bill and Mary on Southern Vectis to start checking around and they found very affordable slips at Orchid Bay Marina. These were protected within a breakwater and gave access to hot showers, shore power, etc. They passed the word around to us fellow vagrants and pretty soon there were five more sailboats tying up at Orchid Bay(including the Norma Fay).

This is a very nice marina with a retaurant, WiFi and, yes (egad!) another bar to check out! (Work work work....toil toil toil....) Anyway, I'm off my mooring ball and back in a slip. By way of celebration, here's a picture of the view from Nippers. (Note, this picture was taken yesterday, before the passages started raging and this beach is protected by a barrier reef and the surf still gets through. The passages are not protected by this reef.....umm that's why they're called passages...they go THROUGH the reef.)
Comments
Vessel Name: Norma Fay
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 386
Hailing Port: Racine, Wisconsin
Crew: Mike Miller
About: I recently retired from the trop-rock band the "Boat Drunks" and I'm going sailing. Heading through the Eastern Great Lakes, down the ICW and to the Bahamas for starters. Then...We'll see!

Norma Fay

Who: Mike Miller
Port: Racine, Wisconsin