HOMECOMING

Greece is calling!

This is Homecoming, a 2017 Lagoon 450 Sport that we will be sailing in the Mediterranean in the short term and farther afield in the future. Colly and I met at Homecoming weekend in College and for reasons that are beyond my comprehension she's still here and agreed to our adventure.

Greece finally gave the go ahead for travel. No one knows for how long so we want to get through that window. Colleen has been pestering the Greek consulate for months to let us in, I guess it worked!

We are wrapping up the last bits. Getting rid of furniture that wouldn't sell and stuff and stuff. We'll be staying at my parents when we come back this winter, they migrate to Florida about that time leaving the house vacant.

Like a high proof alcohol, the stuff that is chosen to go to Greece is being distilled and compressed with the aim to wedge it into 4 X 50lb bags at the most. The pile grows and is whittled back. In the end I am sure we will have a whole lot we needed and an equal amount that is wholly unnecessary.

We have tickets for 5 May 2021 and a bunch of hope that the 100s of different pieces all fall into place and we find ourselves anchored off an island shortly thereafter.

PK & Colleen