The Hynes Honeymoon!

09 February 2019 | Earth
05 December 2012
25 May 2010 | San Francsico, CA
22 May 2010 | Brissy to Sydney, Australia
14 May 2010 | Bundaburg to Brisbane
10 March 2010
02 March 2010 | Hiva Oa, Marquesas
15 February 2010
14 February 2010 | Half Moon Bay, California
08 February 2010 | Virginia to Australia
04 February 2010 | Norfolk to Sydney
03 February 2010
20 January 2010 | From Norfolk to Australia, 15,500 miles
15 January 2010
11 January 2010 | Brisbane, Australia
07 January 2010 | Nammucca Point, NSW, Australia

Friends & Family

29 August 2009 | Neiafu, Vava'u Group, Tonga
Author: Seth
Picture: Elizabeth on her birthday opening a slew of cards and presents delivered to Tonga by her good friends Janice and Cari...
Days at Sea: 360

All I can say is that Elizabeth has some great friends - and Janice has to be one of her best. She flew 37 hours to get here to surprise Elizabeth. Her flights took her from SF to LA, then on to Raratonga, Auckland, Tongatapu and after a brief overnight layover she finally few up to Neiafu where we are now. A good 37 hours later she had finally made it and was able to give Elizabeth the biggest surprise of her life. As if that were not enough, she also put together an amazing black and white picture album with the help of her close friends in San Francisco. The result is a compilation of great memories, good friends and places we miss in SF...

Incredibly, the picture album idea originated from Cari Hudy, one of Elizabeth's other amazing friends. Cari and E's "LA crew" scoured their photo albums looking for great pictures and then scanned them in order to make new prints. The result is simply incredible and is evidence of not only great friends, but of the many great memories those friendships have created throughout her 30's. Needless to say, Elizabeth has been simply blown away by this outpouring of friendship and solidarity. The hardest part of this trip for E has been to be away from those she loves, and with these photo albums she's been able to bring back memories every evening with the flip of a page. I keep catching her looking at them - she adores them.

And then there are her Nieces, Nephews, Brothers and Sister in Law who put together an amazing number of items for her to open, view, read and re-read. And of course, her mom, Joan, contributed as well. My personal favorite was a card from her niece, Lilly, who wrote: "Oh lordy, look who's forty!" In total, Elizabeth was concerned that her 40th would fail to be a birthday to remember, but now she considers it one of her best memories of the trip.

Thanks everyone - you've made her really happy. And Elizabeth is lucky to have such great friends and family.
Comments
Vessel Name: Honeymoon
Vessel Make/Model: 2004 Lagoon 380, Hull 279, Owner's Version
Hailing Port: San Francisco, CA
Crew: Seth & Elizabeth Hynes
About:
Seth & Elizabeth met in 2004 and have long since agreed that they did not want to live "the typical life. [...]
Extra:
OUR EXPERIENCE: Seth is a lifelong sailor with over 25 years of boating experience. His family taught him to sail via ASA instruction and through many weekend trips on their family boat, a Benateau 35, sailed on Lake St. Clair, Michigan. He then moved to San Francisco where he raced with two [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/honeymoon/

Seth & Elizabeth Hynes

Who: Seth & Elizabeth Hynes
Port: San Francisco, CA