Family Adventures of Hullabaloo

Following the local adventures and preparation for more distant family affairs aboard the catamaran Hullabaloo!

09 September 2009 | Arnold
01 June 2009 | Dismal Swamp, NC
25 April 2009 | Port Canaveral
20 April 2009 | Abacos, Bahamas
22 March 2009 | Abacos, Bahamas
20 March 2009 | Half Moon Cay
17 March 2009 | San Salvador
15 March 2009 | Cat Island
06 March 2009 | Long Island, Bahamas
20 February 2009 | Exumas
08 February 2009 | Musha Cay
31 January 2009
21 January 2009 | Exuma Sound
18 January 2009
12 January 2009
09 January 2009
06 January 2009
04 January 2009 | Great Guana Cay
31 December 2008 | Abacos, Bahamas
25 December 2008 | Manjack Cay

We See Nippers for the first time

04 January 2009 | Great Guana Cay
We sailed to Great Guana Cay yesterday. The ocean was a little rolly, but no one got sick. We took the dinghy to tour around. We met a guy named Greg on a pier who offered us use of his golf cart and a guided tour by his wife, Lori. She showed us the entire island, took us to the famous Nipper's Bar, bought us a drink and introduced us to the produce guy, Milo. Milo is the unofficial Mayor of Great Guana, he has been a fixture on the street side his entire life. He gave us a great recipe for conch salad.
Greg and his family flew home to Georgia today on their private plane this morning. Before their departure they gave us the contents of their refrigerator including; 6 filet mignon, two pheasant, bacon, cheese, sausage and a gallon of milk. They restore all faith that the world still has good and generous people in it. Colton spent the night at their house with their son Steven. He introduced Colt to another friend-Jared. Colton had a ton fun with kids his own age, finally.
Yesterday we walked around Guana Cay. We went to a pig roast at a restaurant/bar called Nipper's. It is island famous. We ate our self stupid. They have a signature drink (The Nipper), made with three types of rum and something reddish and frozen. They were like Big Mike - strong but GOOD! Then we went down the hill to Grabber's, another island hot spot. There they serve the Grabber, same thing only more orange-ish. Colton met some more friends and we took them fishing today. We anchored over an artificial reef made of junk cars, a boat and old AC units dumped in 20 feet of water. Jared and Noah caught some big fish that Dave filleted, when we brought them back, their father gave us the fish - one trigger fish and one crevelle jack. They are both supposed to be delicious. We will see tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: Hullabaloo
Vessel Make/Model: 1995 Fountaine Pajot - Athena 38
Hailing Port: Arnold, Maryland
Crew: Dave, Lisa, Brie, Colton & Darby

Who: Dave, Lisa, Brie, Colton & Darby
Port: Arnold, Maryland