Or not, is really the question on our minds recently. So much weather data is available these days, we pour over it multiple times each day, fretting over details we didn't even know existed 10 years ago. Using information from our Predict Wind program on our satellite phone as well as internet sources, there's plenty to ponder! Additionally, Scott is using the Expedition navigation program, which uses the same GFS forecast models, but gives slightly different results for some reason.
Bottom line, we've decided it's time to go! Gerry, Scott (aka Captain casual) & Shawntel will be departing Nawiliwili tomorrow morning. Our friends Bill, Greg & Tom on Anakena will be joining us on the passage. Hopefully we'll have fair winds, but we have enough fuel to motor about 1,200 nm's if the wind decides not to cooperate. The rhumbline distance is about 2,400 nm's, but our planned route is closer to 2,775 nm.
Wish us luck.