IATO

25 January 2010 | Fort Pierce FL
26 April 2009 | Leeward Islands
11 April 2009 | St Barts
11 April 2009 | St. Barts
14 March 2009 | leeward Islands
12 March 2009 | Leeward Islands
07 February 2009 | St Thomas
20 January 2009 | St. Thomas USVI
06 January 2009 | Luperon
11 December 2008 | Luperon
24 November 2008 | In the Exumas Bahamas
15 October 2008 | Near Jeckyl Island
06 September 2008 | NYC, Long Island, CT and MA
18 May 2008 | Cape Canaveral Florida
17 April 2008 | Durban and Cape Town
13 February 2008 | West Palm Beach, Florida
25 November 2007 | Grand Bahamas Island
20 November 2007 | Grand bahamas Island
20 November 2007 | West Palm Beach, FL

St.Augustine to West Palm Bch

20 November 2007 | West Palm Beach, FL
RICK
Ok, ok, I've been busy having too much fun. Sorry I've fallen behind on the web page. We were so glad to leave St. Augustine. The weather was horrible the whole time. We had lots of wind and waves even tucked into the St. Augustine harbor. We sat for a week waiting for the wind to settle down all the while things just kept breaking. We felt jinxed. The best part of the trip to St. Augustine was the time spent with Mom.

With the wind still blowing 20+ we headed out down the inter coastal. Not a problem because we were moving downwind. We went about 200 miles in 3 days one of which was a 15 hour drive and we made 96 miles in one day. Doesn't sound like a lot but in the inter coastal that is a bunch.

We were excited to arrive and the weather in WPB was great. We anchored the boat just south of the Flagler Bridge and just off downtown WPB and Clematis Street. The downtown area has gone through a metamorphous and is a great place to hang out. Also, Adam and Cindy's boat that they work on was parked about 100 yards away. We stayed for about a week, visited family and friends and got the boat ready for the trip to Grand Bahamas Island. That meant getting a new refrigerator compressor delivered and installed. While we were at the dock I took the opportunity to go to the top of the mast to change out light bulbs and check the rigging.

While we were in WPB we saw Rick Price and Ken McConahay and John Barrett. Rick and Ken were work buddies from Atlanta and John is an old crony of Mikes. It was nice meeting and visiting with John. Also I'd like to mention nieces who I always love to see. Rebecca and Eva are the sweetest, smartest and cutest young ladies you could ever know. Well, it's off to the Bahamas.
Comments
Vessel Name: IATO
Vessel Make/Model: 40' Manta Catamaran
Hailing Port: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Crew: Rick and Linda Wilson
About: We recently retired and are setting out to fulfill our dreams. We hope to cruise to new places and new worlds.

Who: Rick and Linda Wilson
Port: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida