Log of s/v Ibiza

Chronicling the adventures of Jo, Sarah & Alice.

No Blog Posts Added Yet

Welcome!

21 January 2008 | Us - San Pedro, CA Boat - Wilmington, CA
Jo / Sunny & 65�
chron�i�cle (krn-kl)
n.
1. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment.

Greetings and welcome to our blog! We hope that you will find the entries to come both informative and entertaining.

The first thing you must know is that this blog has no spell check function so I'm sure that a typo or even a gross spelling error is going to sneak through every now and then.

So let's get to it! Mel and I are at long last in the final stages of our preparation to cast off the dock lines and live while we still can. The start up of our blog is another step toward that end as we establish a means for our friends and family to keep up with our travels and adventures.

We hope to fill these pages with an extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order. We cannot, however, promise that it will be without authorial interpretation or comment.

The boat is currently on the hard, getting a fresh coat of bottom paint and some other below-the-water-line maintenance and we are roughing it at the Double Tree Hotel in San Pedro, CA.

You might think that we would be loving the leisurely life of maid service and a king size bed but we are both very anxious to get back on the boat. We even drove by the yard today to have a look at her through the fence because we miss her. I think that's a sign that we have made the correct life choice...

So here we go, have fun browsing the photos and let us know if you have questions, comments, complaints or threats.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ibiza
Vessel Make/Model: Polaris 43
Hailing Port: Long Beach, CA
Crew: Jo Russell
About: Anita Jo Russell - Born in 1960, retired from the rat race in 2007. Professional life was spent as an Avionics Mechanic, Aerospace Engineer, Program Manager, Plant Manager & Process Engineer / Lean Expert, mostly at Honeywell Aerospace.
Extra:
Rounding out the crew are Sarah and Alice, my furry, four legged deck hands... er, paws. :o) Ibiza is a 1979, Robert Perry designed Polaris 43. The underbody / hull is very similar to a Valiant. The main difference is the flush deck and higher freeboard that gives us significantly more [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/ibiza/

About Ibiza & Crew

Who: Jo Russell
Port: Long Beach, CA

The Cruising Yacht SiteRing

Previous | List | Random | Join | Next

SiteRing by Bravenet.com