Iceman Cruising

Vessel Name: Iceman46
Vessel Make/Model: Sea Ray Sundancer 400
Hailing Port: Ecarte Marime , Port Lambton , Ontario, Canada
Crew: Wayne Franklin and Lori Tratnjek
About: yearly cruising of between 1000 & 2000 kt miles thru Lakes Huron & Georgian Bay and/or Lake Erie and/or the Eire Canal , Hudson River , Lake Champlain, St. Lawrence River , Ottawa River, Rideau , and/or Trent-Severn Canal systems
07 January 2021
26 December 2020
26 December 2020
19 December 2020
15 December 2020
15 December 2020
13 December 2020
13 December 2020
11 December 2020
01 October 2019
11 September 2019
10 September 2019
04 September 2019
02 September 2019
Recent Blog Posts
07 January 2021

October 21st & forward

I returned to the boat on the October 21st and with Gerald's help the batteries were removed and I cleaned under the battery cases and applied a layer of gel coat. I also looked for a way to run power from the new to be installed inverter to the power panel in the boat cabin. It took quite a while but [...]

31 December 2020

September 14th to September 21st

We left at sunrise for Kincardine and had good seas and were able to cut straight south instead of following the shore line for protection as we had done last year. We visited with Rick and Cheryl and left before sun up in order to miss an early afternoon wind direction change that never happened !! You've got to love weather forecasts !! We were in Sarnia before noon and stayed for a week. I rented a car and we drove to Ingersoll for Lori's car and visited friends a bit before heading to Ecarte Marine for winter storage.

29 December 2020

August 27th to September 13th

We got an early start crossing Rice Lake and up the Otonabee River to Peterborough by 1pm. We plan to stay a week as we enjoyed our stay before and were always on the move. Shopping , walking , dinghy rides and of course wings at Riley's on Tuesday night. The local boaters were always on the dock in [...]

26 December 2020

August 23 to August 27th

On the 23rd we headed for Napanee for a couple of nights and hoped to see boaters we met last year. Not much going on here , few boats and the town was not busy . We walked a bit both days.

26 December 2020

August 19th to August 22nd

We up early and left for Kingston Mills Locks in order to arrive for the first lock . We had to wait about an hour and then locked down through the 4 locks and into Lake Ontario basin at Kingston and we headed for Picton arriving at 2pm and Marianne picked us up and took us to their place. We were there [...]

Peterborough to Orillia

27 August 2016
Wayne
Hi ,
We left Peterborough and made our way to Lakefield which is a slow busy day as there are 6 locks and a swing bridge and there were the most boats we have locked up with all summer , 2 house boats and a pontoon boat and 2 boats and a canoe . We did not plan anything for the evening as that stretch in non-stop and no where to stop . We left in the morning with another boat for the lock at Young's Point and then to Burliegh Falls , Lovesick , and on to Buckhorn where we stayed 2 nights . We checked out the town that evening and the next day we toured HH and the grocery store , and decided to have pizza which was recommended by a boater we had been traveling with for a few days .
Then on to Bobcaygeon for 2 nights . I had contacted boater friends , Cindy and Dale in Bobcaygeon and planned to meet and also Laura and Claudio Tonin from Ingersoll we at their cottage in Pigeon Lake so we planned a visit . We had a great visit with Dale & Cindy in the afternoon and Laura & Claudio came to the boat and we went out to the Bobcaygeon Hotel for drinks as the Tragically Hip final show was being broadcast in Bobcaygeon and the town was full - thousands of people were on the main street to see the show on 3 big screens . We stayed another night so we could get to all the stores - little shopping , I went for coffee !!!!!!! We had a relaxing afternoon and before we left for Fenlon Falls we went out for a bacon and egg breakfast - our first this summer !!!!!!!!!!
We arrived in Fenlon Falls and found as we had a lot this summer , room on the wall . Laundry was 1st on our list and following that we walked the town and snooped through the consignment stores and a few more . The next morning we walked to a few historic locations and then did some more laundry and picked up a few groceries . That afternoon June Dix came to see us at the boat for a few hours , a great visit . Lori had some of her snacks prepared .
The next morning we headed for Orillia through 6 locks and across Lake Simcoe and tied up by 4 pm for a 3 day stay .
Upon arrival checked in and had dinner and a short movie as we were falling asleep . Thursday started with cleaning the boat inside and out . We headed up town at 11 am and did the whole main street , bought tickets to the live theatre the next night and had a slice of pizza for lunch and continue shopping . Lori hit a consignment ladies store for an hour and I went for a walk and coffee !!!!! We stopped at the grocery store on the way back , prepared and had dinner and a movie . Friday had us walking and an early dinner before going to the play , Great time and back to the boat about 10 pm .
Comments

About & Links