Iceman Cruising

Vessel Name: Iceman46
Vessel Make/Model: Sea Ray Sundancer 400
Hailing Port: Ecarte Marime , Port Lambton , Ontario, Canada
Crew: Wayne Franklin and Lori Tratnjek
About: yearly cruising of between 1000 & 2000 kt miles thru Lakes Huron & Georgian Bay and/or Lake Erie and/or the Eire Canal , Hudson River , Lake Champlain, St. Lawrence River , Ottawa River, Rideau , and/or Trent-Severn Canal systems
07 January 2021
26 December 2020
26 December 2020
19 December 2020
15 December 2020
15 December 2020
13 December 2020
13 December 2020
11 December 2020
01 October 2019
11 September 2019
10 September 2019
04 September 2019
02 September 2019
Recent Blog Posts
07 January 2021

October 21st & forward

I returned to the boat on the October 21st and with Gerald's help the batteries were removed and I cleaned under the battery cases and applied a layer of gel coat. I also looked for a way to run power from the new to be installed inverter to the power panel in the boat cabin. It took quite a while but [...]

31 December 2020

September 14th to September 21st

We left at sunrise for Kincardine and had good seas and were able to cut straight south instead of following the shore line for protection as we had done last year. We visited with Rick and Cheryl and left before sun up in order to miss an early afternoon wind direction change that never happened !! You've got to love weather forecasts !! We were in Sarnia before noon and stayed for a week. I rented a car and we drove to Ingersoll for Lori's car and visited friends a bit before heading to Ecarte Marine for winter storage.

29 December 2020

August 27th to September 13th

We got an early start crossing Rice Lake and up the Otonabee River to Peterborough by 1pm. We plan to stay a week as we enjoyed our stay before and were always on the move. Shopping , walking , dinghy rides and of course wings at Riley's on Tuesday night. The local boaters were always on the dock in [...]

26 December 2020

August 23 to August 27th

On the 23rd we headed for Napanee for a couple of nights and hoped to see boaters we met last year. Not much going on here , few boats and the town was not busy . We walked a bit both days.

26 December 2020

August 19th to August 22nd

We up early and left for Kingston Mills Locks in order to arrive for the first lock . We had to wait about an hour and then locked down through the 4 locks and into Lake Ontario basin at Kingston and we headed for Picton arriving at 2pm and Marianne picked us up and took us to their place. We were there [...]

June 13th to June 23

24 June 2018
Wayne
Hi ,
We left Burlington ,VT at 7:45 am and pretty much ran to Rouses Point ,NY where we stopped and fueled up before crossing into Canada at the customs which is out in the Richelieu River at the end of a rock breakwall . Fram there we proceeded down river to St. Jean sur Richelieu for 2 nights on the floating wall dock at lock 9 in the Chambly canal system . We stayed 2 nights as it was raining and we didn't want to lock through in the rain . We had a few walks about the town between the rain showers . We were there for the opening of a new park beside the canal . Nice place and all the writing was in french except to tell you how to get on line to read it in English !!!
On June 15th we started locking through and went through 6 locks and stopped above the last 3 locks where there was power . We ended up spending 4 nights there waiting out 1 rainy day and slowing down our pace . We toured Fort Chambly and walked the town a lot and fitted in some shopping too .
On June 19th we locked down the last 3 locks into Chambly bay and down the Richelieu River to St Ours lock where we tied up at the bottom for the night . Did a bit of walking on the island side of the lock .
We were up early and left St Ours lock at 6:23am down stream to Sorel and then up the St Lawrence River to Montreal where we tied up at the Old Port Marina for a night to do laundry and a little sight seeing as we have been in the area of the old port the last 2 years .
On June 21st we got pumped out and headed for the first seaway lock , St Lambert , paid the $30.00 and waited foor them to lock us through with 3 other boats . We were rafted off 2 wide in the lock , then to St Catherine lock , pay again and then to Ste Anne du Bellevue .
We got to Ste Anne du Bellevue at 2:30pm and tied up on the south wall , no power or water , and will be here for 2 or 3 nights before moving on .We had our traditional beer after getting tied up and then walked to Peter's Cape Cod restaurant for fish and chips , great !!!
On Friday we took the bus to the metro , about an hour ride and then by metro to Eaton Centre where there were 1600 stores - I counted - and 30 food courts . After 5 1/2 hours of walking including lunch we found the Metro again and retraced our route back to the boat . The Quebec Holiday celebrations are happening for John Baptiste Day on Saturday . Of course it rained but things continue to a lessor audience as suspected.
Sunday am is getting sunny , slowly .
Comments

About & Links