Iceman Cruising

Vessel Name: Iceman46
Vessel Make/Model: Sea Ray Sundancer 400
Hailing Port: Ecarte Marime , Port Lambton , Ontario, Canada
Crew: Wayne Franklin and Lori Tratnjek
About: yearly cruising of between 1000 & 2000 kt miles thru Lakes Huron & Georgian Bay and/or Lake Erie and/or the Eire Canal , Hudson River , Lake Champlain, St. Lawrence River , Ottawa River, Rideau , and/or Trent-Severn Canal systems
07 January 2021
26 December 2020
26 December 2020
19 December 2020
15 December 2020
15 December 2020
13 December 2020
13 December 2020
11 December 2020
01 October 2019
11 September 2019
10 September 2019
04 September 2019
02 September 2019
Recent Blog Posts
07 January 2021

October 21st & forward

I returned to the boat on the October 21st and with Gerald's help the batteries were removed and I cleaned under the battery cases and applied a layer of gel coat. I also looked for a way to run power from the new to be installed inverter to the power panel in the boat cabin. It took quite a while but [...]

31 December 2020

September 14th to September 21st

We left at sunrise for Kincardine and had good seas and were able to cut straight south instead of following the shore line for protection as we had done last year. We visited with Rick and Cheryl and left before sun up in order to miss an early afternoon wind direction change that never happened !! You've got to love weather forecasts !! We were in Sarnia before noon and stayed for a week. I rented a car and we drove to Ingersoll for Lori's car and visited friends a bit before heading to Ecarte Marine for winter storage.

29 December 2020

August 27th to September 13th

We got an early start crossing Rice Lake and up the Otonabee River to Peterborough by 1pm. We plan to stay a week as we enjoyed our stay before and were always on the move. Shopping , walking , dinghy rides and of course wings at Riley's on Tuesday night. The local boaters were always on the dock in [...]

26 December 2020

August 23 to August 27th

On the 23rd we headed for Napanee for a couple of nights and hoped to see boaters we met last year. Not much going on here , few boats and the town was not busy . We walked a bit both days.

26 December 2020

August 19th to August 22nd

We up early and left for Kingston Mills Locks in order to arrive for the first lock . We had to wait about an hour and then locked down through the 4 locks and into Lake Ontario basin at Kingston and we headed for Picton arriving at 2pm and Marianne picked us up and took us to their place. We were there [...]

August 12th - August 17th

19 August 2018
Wayne
Hi ,
I was up early and got things ready to lock and at 8:30am I started the motors to see how many boats were heading upstream and soon 5 boats were on their way so we waited with Conrad and Arlene in a Chaparral "Syre" for the second lockage and locked with them until lock 18 when they took off and left us so we locked through Hastings by ourselves and tied up at Hastings Marina . We walked up town to the Legion and met some interesting people !!!! We walked some more and ended up back at the boat when we met a boater we had seen the last 2 years who had just bought a 1988 390 Sea Ray. He had been looking for a bigger boat , and sold his the next day !!!
We were up and ready to leave by 9am ans as we pulled out the boat Makin Memories pulled out in front of us so I asked him how the motor was and he said a mechanic thought it was good so they were moving on . That day we stopped at Peterborough and they continued on . After we tied up in Peterborough Lori did laundry and I did things around the boat . After a great steak diner we talked to Merle for 50 minutes and June for 45 minutes . Great day .
The next morning we walked to First Choice Haircutters so Lori could get her hair cut and stopped at Farmboy for some meat , etc and then back to the boat . We then walked to a boat store and then No Frills to top up on veggies and fruit .At dinnertime we walked to Rilleys for wings .
The next morning we were up in time to be at the locks for 8:30am and wait to lock thru after the Kawartha Voyager . As it happens a 76' boat shows up and we had to lock all day in 7 locks with then and it was very tight in the locks and really hot all day to Lakefield . Hard day for Lori and I . We went for a walk after supper .
On August 16th we left Lakefield at 8:45 after finding out that the 76' boat was not leaving so we lock thru Youngs Point by ourselves and caught up to other boats at Burleigh Falls and locked the next 3 locks with a few boats and arrived at Buckhorn at 12:30pm with the fewest boats on the wall that I have ever seen - 2 . Later we walked over to the pizza restaurant for great pizza and saved 3 slices for lunch tomorrow . When it rained we watched a couple of movies we traded for at Peterborough marina .
It rained overnight and into the day so we did boat duties such as defrost the fridge , clean , catch up on emails , etc . In the afternoon as the rain quit we went for a walk and ice cream - Great and walked and checked out the town . We went to the art show that was in town for 3 days - thought there would be more people there !!
Comments

About & Links