Iceman Cruising

Vessel Name: Iceman46
Vessel Make/Model: Sea Ray Sundancer 400
Hailing Port: Ecarte Marime , Port Lambton , Ontario, Canada
Crew: Wayne Franklin and Lori Tratnjek
About: yearly cruising of between 1000 & 2000 kt miles thru Lakes Huron & Georgian Bay and/or Lake Erie and/or the Eire Canal , Hudson River , Lake Champlain, St. Lawrence River , Ottawa River, Rideau , and/or Trent-Severn Canal systems
07 January 2021
26 December 2020
26 December 2020
19 December 2020
15 December 2020
15 December 2020
13 December 2020
13 December 2020
11 December 2020
01 October 2019
11 September 2019
10 September 2019
04 September 2019
02 September 2019
Recent Blog Posts
07 January 2021

October 21st & forward

I returned to the boat on the October 21st and with Gerald's help the batteries were removed and I cleaned under the battery cases and applied a layer of gel coat. I also looked for a way to run power from the new to be installed inverter to the power panel in the boat cabin. It took quite a while but [...]

31 December 2020

September 14th to September 21st

We left at sunrise for Kincardine and had good seas and were able to cut straight south instead of following the shore line for protection as we had done last year. We visited with Rick and Cheryl and left before sun up in order to miss an early afternoon wind direction change that never happened !! You've got to love weather forecasts !! We were in Sarnia before noon and stayed for a week. I rented a car and we drove to Ingersoll for Lori's car and visited friends a bit before heading to Ecarte Marine for winter storage.

29 December 2020

August 27th to September 13th

We got an early start crossing Rice Lake and up the Otonabee River to Peterborough by 1pm. We plan to stay a week as we enjoyed our stay before and were always on the move. Shopping , walking , dinghy rides and of course wings at Riley's on Tuesday night. The local boaters were always on the dock in [...]

26 December 2020

August 23 to August 27th

On the 23rd we headed for Napanee for a couple of nights and hoped to see boaters we met last year. Not much going on here , few boats and the town was not busy . We walked a bit both days.

26 December 2020

August 19th to August 22nd

We up early and left for Kingston Mills Locks in order to arrive for the first lock . We had to wait about an hour and then locked down through the 4 locks and into Lake Ontario basin at Kingston and we headed for Picton arriving at 2pm and Marianne picked us up and took us to their place. We were there [...]

August 12th - August 16th

02 September 2019
Wayne Franklin
Hi ,
We left Kingston about 10am heading toward Picton . Lots of sailboats out today for the first bit and the training people don't seem to have the people under control . It was a bit windy but no big following sea. We arrived in Picton at 1:40pm and spent the day cleaning the boat and going for a walk up town .
Friends Geoff and Marianne met us where we were tied up at the hotel marina and we had breakfast and then we sat outside and talked . Marianne and Geoff went home and then Marianne came back to town and she and Lori got their hair cut and then picked me up and we went to their place and stayed over night ,played cards and talked . The next morning we spent at their place and then Marianne , Lori and I went into town as Marianne had to volunteer at the senior used store . Lori went with Marianne and I did odd jobs on the boat and then back to their place for supper and fun . On the 15th Marianne drove us to the boat about and we left Picton about 11:30am and headed to Napanee up the Napanee River . As it is not a Coast Guard buoyed channel it does not have charts . It was interesting finding our way up stream looking for the buoys . We arrived at 2:30pm and got plugged into the only 30 amp outlet left . We took a walk uptown and had a look around and had a beer at the Legion with a bunch of great guys . We had supper at the Waterfront Restaurant - great . We were on a walk when we saw Dave and Tanya - we met them in the Rideau Canal - and they came to the boat for drinks and had some gifts for us from the town as he is a councilor .
On the 16th we walked again to the TD bank and I got my Canadian US bank account and put the money that I got at the Ottawa money exchange into it . Then we went looking for a chart of the Napanee River from the town , then the County .We then walked to the Legion as we thought there was lunch - not today so we had a beer and walked to the Greek restaurant called Santorina's for lunch . Back at the boat I called Transport Canada and got transferred to the Coast Guard who told me it was the Quinte Conservation Area who charted and set the buoys , about 3 hours on the phone . GEE !! We played board games and had supper and movies . We are leaving for Trenton in the morning .
Comments

About & Links