Iceman Cruising

Vessel Name: Iceman46
Vessel Make/Model: Sea Ray Sundancer 400
Hailing Port: Ecarte Marime , Port Lambton , Ontario, Canada
Crew: Wayne Franklin and Lori Tratnjek
About: yearly cruising of between 1000 & 2000 kt miles thru Lakes Huron & Georgian Bay and/or Lake Erie and/or the Eire Canal , Hudson River , Lake Champlain, St. Lawrence River , Ottawa River, Rideau , and/or Trent-Severn Canal systems
07 January 2021
26 December 2020
26 December 2020
19 December 2020
15 December 2020
15 December 2020
13 December 2020
13 December 2020
11 December 2020
01 October 2019
11 September 2019
10 September 2019
04 September 2019
02 September 2019
Recent Blog Posts
07 January 2021

October 21st & forward

I returned to the boat on the October 21st and with Gerald's help the batteries were removed and I cleaned under the battery cases and applied a layer of gel coat. I also looked for a way to run power from the new to be installed inverter to the power panel in the boat cabin. It took quite a while but [...]

31 December 2020

September 14th to September 21st

We left at sunrise for Kincardine and had good seas and were able to cut straight south instead of following the shore line for protection as we had done last year. We visited with Rick and Cheryl and left before sun up in order to miss an early afternoon wind direction change that never happened !! You've got to love weather forecasts !! We were in Sarnia before noon and stayed for a week. I rented a car and we drove to Ingersoll for Lori's car and visited friends a bit before heading to Ecarte Marine for winter storage.

29 December 2020

August 27th to September 13th

We got an early start crossing Rice Lake and up the Otonabee River to Peterborough by 1pm. We plan to stay a week as we enjoyed our stay before and were always on the move. Shopping , walking , dinghy rides and of course wings at Riley's on Tuesday night. The local boaters were always on the dock in [...]

26 December 2020

August 23 to August 27th

On the 23rd we headed for Napanee for a couple of nights and hoped to see boaters we met last year. Not much going on here , few boats and the town was not busy . We walked a bit both days.

26 December 2020

August 19th to August 22nd

We up early and left for Kingston Mills Locks in order to arrive for the first lock . We had to wait about an hour and then locked down through the 4 locks and into Lake Ontario basin at Kingston and we headed for Picton arriving at 2pm and Marianne picked us up and took us to their place. We were there [...]

August 28th - Sept 4th

10 September 2019
Wayne Franklin
Hi ,
On the 28th we left Peterborough at 9:05am and locked up all day with 3 houseboats - scary !! It took us til 3pm to get there doing 7 locks . Long tough day !! We had a couple of bers to rest and then supper and a walk .
We were up and ready to leave at 9am heading for Young's Point lock , Burrliegh Falls , Lovesick and on to Buckhorn for the night arriving at 12:20pm . We were off to Aldoro's Pizza for lunch - Great as always . At night on a windy rainy night a houseboat had a campfire on the top and some boaters had a fire in a fire pit near the boat - strong smoke smell . It rained a lot at night .
On the the 30th we left Buckhorn on a sunny morning for Bobcaygeon arriving at 9:20am and were surprised to find a spot with power . Soon the lock area was full of houseboats trying to get through the lock . Every company has all there boats leave the same day and no one is very good at driving - real " shit show ". Internet was supplied by cable cable free . Laura and Claudio were here for drinks .
On the 31st Lori walked over to the Bigley shoe store while I showered and vacuumed the boat . Lots of houseboats all day . The Kawaratha Voyager cruise boat is staying overnight so they need the entire gray line from the blue line on - there is a lot of scrambling for spots . I talked a lot to Randy , a boater who was an engineer and knows a lot about solar panels and battery chargers and a lot of stuff . He says to call and he will help me out . We also met Daryl and his wife who are trying to retire out of the furnature business - we met in 2008 .
On Sept 1st we got a pumpout and then locked through and headed for Fenlon Falls arriving at 12:45pm but it took us til 2:45pm to get a spot with power and water - had to wait for day boaters to leave . Lot of day boaters and sea doo's all the time .
the 2nd was a rainy drizzley day , we did laundry and I washed the boat , movies . We went for a walk after supper . The 3rd was a cool day and I worked on the synchronizer and Lori fixed some drawer liners , and movies and walking . On the 4th the lock people let us stay another night as it is so windy and cold . We went for a walk and and toured Cdn Tire and Home Hardware . After supper we went for another walk around town .
Comments

About & Links