Impulse Cruising Again

Vessel Name: Impulse
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 350
Hailing Port: Langhorne PA
Crew: Bill & Mary
10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY
09 August 2023
02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia
02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL
31 July 2021 | Slidell, Louisiana
30 July 2021 | Eunice, Louisiana
29 July 2021 | San Antonio, TX
28 July 2021 | San Angelo, Texas
27 July 2021 | Santa Fe, New Mexico
26 July 2021 | Albuquerque, NM
25 July 2021 | Flagstaff, AZ
24 July 2021 | Tropic, Utah
23 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
22 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
21 July 2021 | Las Vegas, NV
19 July 2021 | Bakersfield, CA
17 July 2021 | Hermosa Beach, CA
16 July 2021 | San Diego, CA
Recent Blog Posts
16 August 2023

Heading for Philly after a few stops...

Sunday, August 13

12 August 2023

Time in the foothills of the Adirondacks

Friday, Aug 11

10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY

Finally catching up

Tuesday, Aug 8

09 August 2023

One post, many days

So I haven't posted any news in a long time - here is some catch up material. I'll post the rest tomorrow...

02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia

Another Road Trip! Going North...

We are on the road and here is the story.

02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL

Our Last Night on the Road!

Not much to report for yesterday - Bill drove and drove and drove. We left Slidell, Louisiana and stopped for the night in Lake City, FL. I had wanted to stop at Florida Caverns State Park but the tickets for the tour of the caverns are first come, first served and as we neared I called and we [...]

Festival Fun

09 June 2018 | Boat House Marina, Colonial Beach, VA
Partly Sunny, 80 degrees, scattered storms later
After breakfast and showers we checked in and paid for our slip. The owner, Bill, explained the highlights of this 3 mile island and we learned that there is a free trolley that runs every hour and stops near here. There is a washer and dryer available so I ran two loads of wash but then found that the stuff left in the dryer wasn’t dry. An hour later, it still wasn’t dry. So, I carried my two loads of wet clothes back to the boat and hung them outside and in. It was quite a scene that we left when we walked to the trolley stop.

It turned out the stop was in front of Alexander Graham Bell’s house (see photo), which was previously a bed and breakfast but is now for sale. Bill checked the price and it is $450,000! The pictures on Zillow are beautiful. Turns out the woman who owned it died and her daughter put it on the market starting at $750,000 last year and the price has dropped ever since. We talked to a woman who was waiting for the trolley too, and she eventually talked to someone on the phone who told her the trolley was part of the parade that was going on in town. No wonder it was 20 minutes late! An older man in a golf cart stopped and we chatted a bit. Walter has always lived here, has no teeth, and offered us a ride. We accepted and off we went. He dropped us off at the marina where we thought we’d get the bikes out but were told to take their golf cart. So we did! We caught part of the parade (baton twirlers, Peruvian dancers, horseback riders, and boats on trailers) and then had lunch at the Hunan Diner. Great food! Bill drove us around the island and then we headed back to rescue the laundry since black clouds were forming.

While storms came and went, Bill took a nap and I did some mending and reading. We had a glass of wine and then set out to walk to the Lighthouse Restaurant. Owner Bill invited us to watch the Belmont Stakes on his boat, which is a gigantic old Burger yacht. Others were there watching too and all were very welcoming with drinks and munchies. We did not partake, but headed out to dinner after Justify won the Triple Crown. Owner Bill offered to drive us, but the golf cart was available again so we took that instead! Dinner was good and we drove back. Fireworks over the beach were fun to watch through the trees, and then it was time for bed.
Comments

About & Links