Impulse Cruising Again

Vessel Name: Impulse
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 350
Hailing Port: Langhorne PA
Crew: Bill & Mary
10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY
09 August 2023
02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia
02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL
31 July 2021 | Slidell, Louisiana
30 July 2021 | Eunice, Louisiana
29 July 2021 | San Antonio, TX
28 July 2021 | San Angelo, Texas
27 July 2021 | Santa Fe, New Mexico
26 July 2021 | Albuquerque, NM
25 July 2021 | Flagstaff, AZ
24 July 2021 | Tropic, Utah
23 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
22 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
21 July 2021 | Las Vegas, NV
19 July 2021 | Bakersfield, CA
17 July 2021 | Hermosa Beach, CA
16 July 2021 | San Diego, CA
Recent Blog Posts
16 August 2023

Heading for Philly after a few stops...

Sunday, August 13

12 August 2023

Time in the foothills of the Adirondacks

Friday, Aug 11

10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY

Finally catching up

Tuesday, Aug 8

09 August 2023

One post, many days

So I haven't posted any news in a long time - here is some catch up material. I'll post the rest tomorrow...

02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia

Another Road Trip! Going North...

We are on the road and here is the story.

02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL

Our Last Night on the Road!

Not much to report for yesterday - Bill drove and drove and drove. We left Slidell, Louisiana and stopped for the night in Lake City, FL. I had wanted to stop at Florida Caverns State Park but the tickets for the tour of the caverns are first come, first served and as we neared I called and we [...]

Annapolis Here We Come!

15 July 2018 | Annapolis, MD
mid 80s, sunny, breezy
Saturday, July 14, Rock Hall, MD
We both slept very well - that seems to happen on the boat quite often. Bill made asparagus omelets for breakfast with the leftovers from dinner and we spent a quiet morning enjoying the breeze, chatting with the Greers. We heard from Joe and Julie and their boat started yesterday after being out of the water for almost five years! That was great news, but then they found a fuel leak so Joe had to get a part and fix that. They had hoped to make it to the marina in Rock Hall today. We untied from Greers and headed out to the Bay. The wind piped up and the sailing was great! We were heeled to 15-20 degrees and moved at 8 mph at times - that is fast for us! I heated up leftovers for lunch, which was an acrobatic feat. It is like being in a fun house with tipping floors. We got to the marina, pumped out and docked. Then I cleaned the deck while Bill got a cart. When he returned we put the bikes and a few other things in it to take to the car to make room for guests. Then it was quiet time for a bit. I made macaroni salad and read while Bill napped. There was a wedding here today - a huge boat came in and brought the bride and her parents. Guests were all dressed in white and khaki. The music was fun and there was lots of laughter. They had a great time! George came over and visited for awhile. We heard from Joe and Julie - they finally made it to Swan Creek but decided to anchor instead of coming into the marina. That was disappointing - I guess we will save the champagne for another time? We had sandwiches and macaroni salad for dinner, watched a little TV, and hit the hay.

Sunday, July 15, Annapolis, MD
When I woke up Bill was ready to take Joe to Worton Creek to pick up his truck. Joe had come to the marina by dinghy - they were still anchored in the creek. While they were gone I showered and waited for Bill to return. He showered and we headed to breakfast at Pasta Plus. Funny name for a place to get breakfast, but they are busy every day. We stopped at the hardware store and the grocery store and then went back to the marina. Bill fixed a few things, I put food away ,and then Burnie and Jeanne arrived from Virginia Beach. Soon after that we left the dock for Annapolis, but an ugly black cloud hung on the horizon. Radar showed some lightning storms on their way, but we headed south in rain and missed the electrical show. Sailing was good for awhile, but then the wind died so we motored the rest of the way. We pulled into a slip at City Dock, but soon after moved to the bulkhead. Bill loves to be on Ego Alley - there is lots to watch as boats parade up and down. We put the dinghy in and took a little ride up Spa Creek and back, and then settled in for wine time. Barbie and Jack arrived, and we went to dinner at nearby McGarvey's. The food was good and the beer was cold. We had a nice time and then Barbie and Jack left for home. They are an hour away and Jack must work tomorrow. A quick stop at Storm Brothers for ice cream and then a walk around city dock brought us back to the boat. Burn and Jeanne went for a walk, Bill put on his PJs, and I hit the computer. Sunday night in Annapolis is much quieter than Friday or Saturday, but there are still people around. I don't think we will be up very late...
Comments

About & Links