Impulse Cruising Again

Vessel Name: Impulse
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 350
Hailing Port: Langhorne PA
Crew: Bill & Mary
10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY
09 August 2023
02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia
02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL
31 July 2021 | Slidell, Louisiana
30 July 2021 | Eunice, Louisiana
29 July 2021 | San Antonio, TX
28 July 2021 | San Angelo, Texas
27 July 2021 | Santa Fe, New Mexico
26 July 2021 | Albuquerque, NM
25 July 2021 | Flagstaff, AZ
24 July 2021 | Tropic, Utah
23 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
22 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
21 July 2021 | Las Vegas, NV
19 July 2021 | Bakersfield, CA
17 July 2021 | Hermosa Beach, CA
16 July 2021 | San Diego, CA
Recent Blog Posts
16 August 2023

Heading for Philly after a few stops...

Sunday, August 13

12 August 2023

Time in the foothills of the Adirondacks

Friday, Aug 11

10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY

Finally catching up

Tuesday, Aug 8

09 August 2023

One post, many days

So I haven't posted any news in a long time - here is some catch up material. I'll post the rest tomorrow...

02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia

Another Road Trip! Going North...

We are on the road and here is the story.

02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL

Our Last Night on the Road!

Not much to report for yesterday - Bill drove and drove and drove. We left Slidell, Louisiana and stopped for the night in Lake City, FL. I had wanted to stop at Florida Caverns State Park but the tickets for the tour of the caverns are first come, first served and as we neared I called and we [...]

Two, Two, Two Days in One!

11 November 2018 | New Smyrna, FL
80, partly sunny, breezy
Saturday, November 10

Bill and Tracy "raced" down the ICW today and made it for the 3:30 opening of the Bridge of Lions in St. Augustine. I guess everything was in their favor, except that it was very windy and cold. The storm enclosure was up and they wore many layers. A hot lunch helped get them through the day. They took a slip in the St. Augustine Marina and Bill checked engine fluids, etc. Oh no! He found water under the motor, which meant that something was leaking. He located it and decided to replace the impeller (again! It is only a month old!) to see if that helps. I guess tomorrow will tell. Usually when the impeller fails the temperature of the engine goes up higher than normal, but that didn't happen, hence the confusion. Hopefully, all is well. After showers they are headed to dinner, and then will call it an early night again. Here in Philadelphia the weather was blustery - cold and windy! Wind chills in the 30s and partly cloudy so it wasn't very tempting to go outside. I sanded, primed, and later painted the exterior door inside the storm door I was working on. It looks good but lets cold air in when it is open which it has to be for awhile to dry. Kim and Darren took a truckful of stuff to the dump while I babysat- turns out that the dump won't accept old fence rails, even though Darren cut them all into smaller pieces! I hope they don't wonder why people dump trash in the city - there is no way to get rid of some of this stuff! Fortunately, on this property there are spots where this can be piled and decompose. I re-covered a foot stool that was looking ragged, Darren kegged the two beers he had made, Kim and I sorted some linens and then cleaned a bit. I watched the baby so they could go to dinner. Mary was very sleepy all day today for some reason - maybe she is growing. Photo shows Captain Tracy on a warmer day...

Sunday, November 11

I got up early and headed for a swim meet in Voorhees, NJ to watch Colby. It was really cold - mittens and winter coat! These meets are two days long, so he swam yesterday too, and John said that he improved his time in every event he swam. Today he swam four events, but he didn't cut his times as much as yesterday. I bet he is tired out! When I got home I did a few things but mostly played with Mary while Kim and Darren worked outside on leaves and sticks. Bill and Tracy got up even earlier than I did and started south. They covered 71 miles today and are anchored in New Smyrna after trying two marinas, a nice anchorage we used before that is now filled with dredging equipment, and one other anchorage before dropping the hook near the bridge. Once set, other boats started arriving and Bill is a little worried about how close they are. Hopefully everyone stays where they belong! The water drip from the engine seems to have stopped, but they will continue to check it every day to be sure.
Comments

About & Links