Impulse Cruising Again

Vessel Name: Impulse
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 350
Hailing Port: Langhorne PA
Crew: Bill & Mary
10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY
09 August 2023
02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia
02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL
31 July 2021 | Slidell, Louisiana
30 July 2021 | Eunice, Louisiana
29 July 2021 | San Antonio, TX
28 July 2021 | San Angelo, Texas
27 July 2021 | Santa Fe, New Mexico
26 July 2021 | Albuquerque, NM
25 July 2021 | Flagstaff, AZ
24 July 2021 | Tropic, Utah
23 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
22 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
21 July 2021 | Las Vegas, NV
19 July 2021 | Bakersfield, CA
17 July 2021 | Hermosa Beach, CA
16 July 2021 | San Diego, CA
Recent Blog Posts
16 August 2023

Heading for Philly after a few stops...

Sunday, August 13

12 August 2023

Time in the foothills of the Adirondacks

Friday, Aug 11

10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY

Finally catching up

Tuesday, Aug 8

09 August 2023

One post, many days

So I haven't posted any news in a long time - here is some catch up material. I'll post the rest tomorrow...

02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia

Another Road Trip! Going North...

We are on the road and here is the story.

02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL

Our Last Night on the Road!

Not much to report for yesterday - Bill drove and drove and drove. We left Slidell, Louisiana and stopped for the night in Lake City, FL. I had wanted to stop at Florida Caverns State Park but the tickets for the tour of the caverns are first come, first served and as we neared I called and we [...]

Escaping Winter Weather!

16 November 2018 | Indiantown, FL
75 degrees, breezy, partly sunny
Wednesday and Thursday, Nov. 14 & 15 -
The morning was very chilly in Philly - low 30s and the day never warmed up. But Kim, Mary, and I took a field trip to the Plymouth Meeting Mall to walk around a bit and have lunch. It was nice to get out and the mall was not crowded at all. We came home with a few new outfits from Mary - she is all set for Thanksgiving and Christmas now. John stopped on his way home from work and picked me up. It was sad to say goodbye but we will be back for the holidays - only a month away! We picked up some dinner and ate with Vanessa - the kids had eaten earlier and were at swim practice. The next morning everyone went off to work, school, and the pool (Vanessa). I showered and packed up. It started to snow at about 11:30 - John took me to the airport as the snow intensified. Waiting for the plane and watching the snow pile up was a bit worrisome. Finally we boarded the plane in driving sleet - the ramp was very slippery, and then sat and waited while someone's oxygen tank was delivered. The little car that pushes the plane back didn't work in the snow so we waited while they got a bigger one. Then we waited to go to the de-icing station. Then the plane in front of us broke down at the station, so we waited while they figured out what to do. Then finally we were being de-iced and they ran out of fluid! So we waited while they refilled the pump truck! Then we took off. Three hours later we landed with bad turbulence at the very beginning but no other troubles. Glad Vanessa got me a sandwich to eat at the airport - I would have starving! We were very late, but Debbie picked me up and we stopped for dinner and then headed home. Phew! What a trip. But is was great to be home and sleep in my own bed... Bill and Tracy are on a mooring in Stuart at the end of the canal that leads to Lake Okeechobee.

Friday, November 16, 2018

At 4:20 am the smoke detector started beeping, so I got out a ladder and took that down. It needed a new back-up battery but I had already disconnected the wires, so I had to put that all back together. Back to bed, and I did go back to sleep! Ran errands in the morning - picked up mail, went to the bank, visited Mom (she is doing great after having her pacemaker replaced on Monday), and then hit Aldi's for some groceries. Home for lunch and then out to clean up the yard. Saturday is yard waste pick up so I need to get as much big stuff out there as I could. Bill called and he and Tracy are in Indiantown, all set to get tipped tomorrow. Mom called and her refrigerator stopped working, so we emptied that into Nancy's and mine. Then I went there for dinner. Busy day, but glad to be home.
Comments

About & Links