Impulse Cruising Again

Vessel Name: Impulse
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 350
Hailing Port: Langhorne PA
Crew: Bill & Mary
10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY
09 August 2023
02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia
02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL
31 July 2021 | Slidell, Louisiana
30 July 2021 | Eunice, Louisiana
29 July 2021 | San Antonio, TX
28 July 2021 | San Angelo, Texas
27 July 2021 | Santa Fe, New Mexico
26 July 2021 | Albuquerque, NM
25 July 2021 | Flagstaff, AZ
24 July 2021 | Tropic, Utah
23 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
22 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
21 July 2021 | Las Vegas, NV
19 July 2021 | Bakersfield, CA
17 July 2021 | Hermosa Beach, CA
16 July 2021 | San Diego, CA
Recent Blog Posts
16 August 2023

Heading for Philly after a few stops...

Sunday, August 13

12 August 2023

Time in the foothills of the Adirondacks

Friday, Aug 11

10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY

Finally catching up

Tuesday, Aug 8

09 August 2023

One post, many days

So I haven't posted any news in a long time - here is some catch up material. I'll post the rest tomorrow...

02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia

Another Road Trip! Going North...

We are on the road and here is the story.

02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL

Our Last Night on the Road!

Not much to report for yesterday - Bill drove and drove and drove. We left Slidell, Louisiana and stopped for the night in Lake City, FL. I had wanted to stop at Florida Caverns State Park but the tickets for the tour of the caverns are first come, first served and as we neared I called and we [...]

Almost there...

06 July 2021 | Tempe, Arizona
Mary Yeomans | 110 degrees, dry
Another day on the road, covering as many miles as we can! We left at 7:15 from Big Spring, TX and headed west on I-10, and I was at the wheel. Traffic was good but we found that the terrain was more and more scrubby and litter more prevalent as we drove. We saw many oil well heads, pumping away, and all of the support services and materials needed to keep the whole system running. Miles of metal buildings that housed businesses that provided machinery, parts, repairs, and products to make oil production happen were located all along the highway. We saw no "homes," just trailers and campers and dorms for the workers. The only green we saw at this point was in the Rio Grande River valley. Traffic in El Paso was bad and the homes we saw on both sides of the highway were very rundown. We could see the "Wall" that divides the US from Mexico in places.
Crossing into New Mexico, we stopped in Las Cruces for lunch at a restaurant Bill found called "Si Senor." The huge platters were delicious but we managed to finish them and had the sopapillas with cinnamon sugar for dessert which were a perfect finish. Yum!
On the road again, the terrain turned even "scrubbier," lots of soil showing and small plants growing here and there. And even more litter along the highway. More hills and more rocks and more dirt. Very brown...
We crossed into Arizona and saw even more litter!! Bill said he was very depressed and needed a Prozac... none of the medians are tended in Texas, NM and AZ and that really changes the view of these states for those of us who are tourists passing through. (Mississippi and Louisiana were so pretty...)
Traffic got very heavy near Tucson, but we stopped for fuel and realized the temperature was up to 109!! The highest we saw driving after that was 115! "It is a dry heat" as we have been told. That is true, but it did feel pretty warm. We got to our hotel finally, and enjoyed some chill time with wine and then went to the hotel bar for a dinner of Cobb Salad for me, and wings for Bill. An early bedtime for us - I think the time zone changes have caught up with us! California, here we come!
Comments

About & Links