Impulse Cruising Again

Vessel Name: Impulse
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 350
Hailing Port: Langhorne PA
Crew: Bill & Mary
10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY
09 August 2023
02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia
02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL
31 July 2021 | Slidell, Louisiana
30 July 2021 | Eunice, Louisiana
29 July 2021 | San Antonio, TX
28 July 2021 | San Angelo, Texas
27 July 2021 | Santa Fe, New Mexico
26 July 2021 | Albuquerque, NM
25 July 2021 | Flagstaff, AZ
24 July 2021 | Tropic, Utah
23 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
22 July 2021 | Saint George, Utah
21 July 2021 | Las Vegas, NV
19 July 2021 | Bakersfield, CA
17 July 2021 | Hermosa Beach, CA
16 July 2021 | San Diego, CA
Recent Blog Posts
16 August 2023

Heading for Philly after a few stops...

Sunday, August 13

12 August 2023

Time in the foothills of the Adirondacks

Friday, Aug 11

10 August 2023 | Oswego, NY

Finally catching up

Tuesday, Aug 8

09 August 2023

One post, many days

So I haven't posted any news in a long time - here is some catch up material. I'll post the rest tomorrow...

02 August 2023 | Valdosta, Georgia

Another Road Trip! Going North...

We are on the road and here is the story.

02 August 2021 | Punta Gorda, FL

Our Last Night on the Road!

Not much to report for yesterday - Bill drove and drove and drove. We left Slidell, Louisiana and stopped for the night in Lake City, FL. I had wanted to stop at Florida Caverns State Park but the tickets for the tour of the caverns are first come, first served and as we neared I called and we [...]

More Beautiful Rock Formations!

24 July 2021 | Tropic, Utah
Mary Yeomans | 75, mostly cloudy
We woke to an alarm today - first time since we left Florida! Had showers, breakfast, packed the car and left the hotel by 7:00. We stopped for fuel ($3.85/gal) and headed for Zion National Park. We were parked there by 8:00 and that was good because there was no parking left in the park!
We took the shuttle to the end of its run and then stopped on the way back to look at things and hike a bit. Wow!! The views were incredible. It was like being at the bottom of the Grand Canyon looking up. We know it wasn't as deep as that, but looking up at sheer cliffs of various colors of rock was just amazing. We walked a few trails, but since it had just rained the day before the Virgin River was muddy (like watery pudding) so that wasn't very pretty. Before getting in the car we ate lunch, and then drove toward Bryce Canyon.
The trip took us through a mile long dark tunnel (no lights but headlights!) to the other side of Zion Canyon, and the rock formations there were completely different than those we had seen. They looked like sliding plates of rock rather than cliffs. We got to Red Rock Canyon and drove through several rock arches. Leaving that we went through a green river valley for many miles, several scattered rain storms, some gravel road through a construction area, and then came to the very small town of Tropic, where we had rented a small cabin.
We have seen these on this trip often, and thought we'd try one. It is so cute! Just a big room, two queen beds with a bathroom, wood inside and out. AC and cable TV, so all is good, although it is going down to 58 here tonight! We spent time planning the next few days and then went to a country store across the street to pick up a few things for lunch tomorrow.
Wine time in the cabin, then we went to dinner at The Rustler Restaurant in the same building as the store (which is also a gas station). The food was not very good, but we made do and went back to watch a movie (Cowboys vs. Aliens, very appropriate) and went to bed.
Photo shows Bill at our cabin - just seemed to be the photo I should share today!
Comments

About & Links