Interlude Travels South

18 November 2012 | Wrghtsville Beach, NC
12 November 2012 | Portsmouth, VA
10 November 2012 | Gloucester Point, VA
15 October 2012 | Gloucester Point, VA
08 October 2012 | Gloucester Point, VA
05 May 2011
04 May 2011 | Isle of Hope, GA
01 May 2011
01 May 2011
01 May 2011
29 April 2011 | St. Augustine, FL
27 April 2011
19 April 2011

Sarah Creek or Bust!

05 January 2011 | enroute to Sarah Creek, Gloucester Point, VA
Cathie/Cold and Cloudy
Hi All!

Yay! Because of delays due to all the ice we were crushing yesterday we didn't make the bridges on time yesterday. We had a chance to make the Gilmerton Bridge in Norfolk by the last opening at 3:30 pm before they closed it down until 5:30 pm. We made it in the nick of time! We were tied up at Waterside Marina in Norfolk before dark.

We have only seen a few sailboats on our trip home. All of them had no dodger or enclosure. Can't say I really get it. With temps in the 30's and sometimes lower, I can't imagine being out for a prolonged period of time in all of that. I guess they have the right weather gear on and that helps. They still look very cold with their red faces! All I can say is I hope I NEVER have to be cruising North Carolina and Virginia in January ever again! If I do, it will be in a power boat with an inside navagation station!

We are trying to get home today to Sarah Creek. The rest of the week the weather is ugly with rain and snow. Looks like it's doable...so away we go!

Hopefully my next post will be from the dock at York River Yacht Haven/Sarah Creek, Gloucester Point, Virginia. HOME!!!

Hope all is well with you and yours. Thanks for stopping by.

Cathie on s/v INTERLUDE. OUT.
Comments
Vessel Name: INTERLUDE
Vessel Make/Model: CATALINA 380
Hailing Port: GLOUCESTER POINT, VIRGINIA
Crew: TOM AND CATHIE

INTERLUDE

Who: TOM AND CATHIE
Port: GLOUCESTER POINT, VIRGINIA