Raven

13 August 2013 | UK
08 May 2013 | the river
07 May 2013 | the river
06 May 2013 | on the river
05 May 2013 | River Guadiana & Rumeria
04 May 2013 | on the river
03 May 2013
03 May 2013
03 May 2013
03 May 2013 | Villa Real
02 May 2013
01 May 2013 | at anchor
29 April 2013 | ferragudo
28 April 2013 | ferragudo
27 April 2013 | at anchor Ferragudo
24 April 2013 | Ferragudo
23 April 2013 | Ferragudo
22 April 2013
20 April 2013
04 April 2013 | Sines

The Barry Fish

05 May 2013 | River Guadiana & Rumeria
hot as usual
Rob was on Water Patrol this morning as he heard a plop followed by “shit...shit...shiiiiiiiiit “ then it was proceeded by “ Heeeeelp “ Barry had gone over board from his canoe, Rob went straight over followed by Jacks but couldn’t quite get him out so they towed him to Jacks boat and got him on board there, I came out to see him giggling away, and wrapped in a towel merrily ringing his pants out. Rob did tell him he was very lucky, as he had only had 2 cups of coffee, he usually needs 3 before he leaps in Bay watch mode.

We were taking in a leisurely row to the Spanish pontoon, when Barry comes pelting up on his dinghy, and tows us along, he took us to his friend Nikis’ house on the Spanish side, was then informed that all the ladies were dressing up... I was in tee shirt and shorts, so Niki looked me up and down, declared I looked a size 14 and threw open her wardrobe doors... So the first time in a few years I was in a frock!, borrowed some shoes from her mum, and I was ready to go to the “Ball”

She rents a nice little house, wooden floors, central courtyard, kitchen in separate building to the house, the courtyard is a sun trap, so we all sat drinking tea and playing with her cats, all 5 of them, I had reached Kitty heaven!

Went to the Spanish Rumeria, a Village gathering basically its a match making festival between the local villages, the women were all in beautiful traditional dresses and the men had lovely high waisted trousers and waistcoats on horse back, on the ankles the trews had a slit to go over their boats , and held together with ornate buttons and charms.

It started off in Sanlucar near the pub, everyone milling about, blokes strutting their stuff, the Mayor had laid on free drinks from a pick up truck, a beer and soft drinks were handed out. Then the precession was on its way, 5k up two hills to the meeting ground, they to stop every 10mins for food and drink, so it takes a while to get there, all the girls in back of wagons singing and cheering and the men on horseback.

Each “clan/tribe/family” had a tent the Ex Pats had one too, you can not enter another’s tented area unless you have been invited. 6 euros a day, covers the food and drink laid on. Rob was happy as he was grazing, he was well happy (as the kids say) to find Pizza and a rather nice broad bean & mint pate (he had to track the chef down to see how its was made), I think what would really have made his day would have been a plate of chips !

We came back around 7:45 burnt, tired and very full.


Comments
Vessel Name: RAVEN
Vessel Make/Model: BRUCE ROBERTS 434
Hailing Port: IPSWICH
Crew: Rob & Elaine
About: we have decided to take time out from the rat race... feed up of the cold, and the same old routine. we will see how long we can stay away before we have to go back to the uk lol
Extra:
Raven was known by another name, she was a complete wreck, We spent 5 years rebuilding her, from re laminating to gutting and re fitting. mainly from wood and other things found in skips... and very proud of the fact, even down to the leather seats.... after being quoted 6 and half thousand for [...]
Social:

Who: Rob & Elaine
Port: IPSWICH