Ishka Logs

07 August 2010
10 May 2010
22 April 2010
15 February 2010
01 January 2010
23 November 2009
18 November 2009
29 October 2009
16 October 2009
11 October 2009
28 September 2009
26 September 2009
15 September 2009
11 September 2009
04 September 2009
31 August 2009
27 August 2009

Musket Cove Marina

04 September 2009
ishka
Friday 4th Sept. Musket Cove Marina

Debbie is due to fly into the little airstrip at 11am, but Ian is sure the flight has been delayed so tells Ida to wait until we see the plane before heading around to the airstrip. Excited but worried Debs is going to be waiting on her own without a welcome, Ida walks to the airport, getting there at 11.45, Debbie screams from the bar and the sisters embrace. Sorry for being late Debs, t'was Ian's fault! We sit and have a beer with Chris and Cathy, 2 fellow kiwis on the same flight, eventually deciding to go back to Ishka and see Ian. He obviously felt guilty too because we picked him up in the golf cart about halfway back to the boat.
The marina is now packed and after getting Debs settled in her berth, we watch the preparations for the big opening night of the regatta from the cockpit....couldn't have chose a better spot to park Ishka. It's still a little wet and cloudy but Ian promises Debbie she's going to have sun by Sunday. The opening night involves complimentary drinks and a great meal followed by each country's patrons singing their national anthem. Yes Debbie and Ida were the only Irish, so not to let the Emerald Isle down, they get up and give their rendition of Danny Boy. You should have heard the cheers, even though the words were different! It's the Pirates day race tomorrow and Ishka has entered with members from Nemisis [Jeff, Kirsty & Louise], Newtsville [Jonny & Kate], Silk Sheets [Big Ben & the other big Ben], Hilde [Finn & Reidun] and another Norwegian called Frank whose boat we can't remember, therefore we make sure we're in bed by midnight as it's going to be a full on day with lots of wind predicted. So as Andy from Drimia would say "Goodbye".
Comments
Vessel Name: ishka
Vessel Make/Model: kennex 44.5
Hailing Port: geelong, australia
Crew: ian & ida birch
About:
Here�s how we, Ian & Ida Birch, started this adventure. [...]
Home Page: www,sailblogs.com/member/ishkalogs

ishka logs

Who: ian & ida birch
Port: geelong, australia