S/V ISLAND SIREN

24 December 2008
11 October 2008 | Trellsi Bay
30 August 2008
19 July 2008
10 July 2008
11 June 2008
23 May 2008
12 May 2008 | BVI
05 May 2008
28 April 2008
24 April 2008
17 April 2008
04 April 2008
27 March 2008
23 March 2008
17 March 2008
13 March 2008
10 March 2008
08 March 2008

monster lobster

17 March 2008
March 17
Wow, were do I start? We spent 3 great days at Maho Bay. Irene was with us and I think she had a good time. I know we enjoyed having her on board. We took her Kayaking and snorkeling. Shannon, Kathy, Caroline and Violet on Some Day Came showed up Thursday night and not only did the girls become good friends but so did we. Friday Cate and Caroline spent all day together. Friday night when we took Caroline back to their boat we took over some hamburgers and Kathy fixed everything else. Had a great time talking and getting to know everyone. Saturday morning Dave and Donna on Magic came over and we everyone met on their boat for a visit. Shannon is from Miami and also likes to catch lobster. So we decided to check out the area. Kim and Irene went to do some snorkeling. After looking around for a bit I found one nice big lobster and caught it. A short time later I saw antennas sticking out from under a rock and called Shannon over for his turn. He caught it but it was a small Spanish lobster so we had to let it go. Then Shannon found a big one and caught it. We had all been drifting with the dinghy and jumped up on it for a break. After a few minutes (still drifting) we jumped back in. I looked over and saw a big head and went to check it out. It was full of monsters. We worked together and caught 3 more monster lobsters. It was nice diving with someone that knew what they were doing and we worked good together. There were still 2 or 3 more lobsters in the head but Shannon had gotten a sea urchin spine in his arm and it was sore. So we marked the spot and headed back to the boats with the 5 big ones we had. You should check them out on the link to our photos for more pictures. Kim had taken out some steaks for dinner, so after cleaning the lobsters everyone came over to out boat for surf and turf. What a great time. Sunday morning we took Irene over to Cruz Bay and put her on the ferry back to Red Hook. Some day came headed to Jost Van Dyke. We weighed anchor and head to RoadTown. We are now in Village Cay Marina Lat 18 25.47N Lon 064 37.10W. We will be here for a week so I can have some meetings for the project.
Vessel Name: Island Siren
Vessel Make/Model: 1976 Vagabond 47
Hailing Port: Key Largo, Florida
Crew: Ron
About: Ron is a retired Firefighter/Flightmedic with Miami Dade County Fire Rescue.
Extra: more information at: