27 November 2016
Back in St George´s we were anchored beside this beautiful old yacht. Originally she was a private yacht built in Copenhagen in 1923 for an American. In 1935 she was bought by the Norwegian shipping magnate Vetlesen and renamed Vema. During World War II the Vetlesen family donated her to the US Marine. She was used for patrolling and training cadets. After the war she was used as a oceanographic research vessel. She is now a tourist cruiser in the wind Jammer group under the name Mandalay.