19 January 2017
The black lines shows how we have been sailing between Tyrell Bay, Hillsborough, Clifton, PSV and PM the last weeks.
We got the new voltage regulator, and our friend and mechanic, Manny, installed it. But……-…..it turned out that there were additional problems. It is necessary to lift the generator out of the boat to search for where the problems are. Manny could do that, but he had a problem with time and couldn’t guarantee it would be ready in time for us. Thus we have decided to go to Martinique where there is a licensed Onan (the make of our generator) dealer.
Even if it was a terrible disappointment not to get it fixed, it feels really good to have made a decision and go for a new plan. Tomorrow morning we head north. We will hurry, but not more than we will make room for a couple of fun stops!