Jabula: Beyond the Horizon

20 June 2013 | Luganville
03 March 2012 | Canada
01 January 2012 | Nanaimo - San Carlos
23 February 2008 | Bahia de Chamela
14 February 2008 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
11 February 2008 | Chacala
15 January 2008 | Isla Isabella
17 December 2007 | La Paz, Mexico
13 November 2007 | La Paz, Mexico
10 November 2006 | Monterey
03 November 2006 | Half Moon Bay
29 September 2006 | Coos Bay

Sooooooon!

03 March 2012 | Canada
New posting and not a pic in sight! WTH?

Well, it's due to the fact that the camera was the last thing on our minds when we got Jabula out of storage and into the work yard. It was a flat-out slog to get her ready for her next voyage which hopefully will begin mid March...THIS YEAR!

We spent three solid weeks ensuring she was fit and looking her best...and we believe she is.

Jeannie stocked to the gills with provisions and I worked on her hardware. She now has a beautiful new suite of sails, and new arch, resplendent with solar panels generating over 16 amps in the Mexican sun, a new battery bank, newly painted decks and generally is just itching to be back at sea.

Besides the normal preparations, we had a bit of drama when our forward water tank decided to die on us – leaking at all its welds. I rushed to our local (Guymas) stainless steel specialist (I should call him an artist really, because that is what he is...really!), Louis Hernandez and he amazed me yet again by assuring me that he would have a new one built for me in just four days time! What a guy.

Louis is also the gentleman who built our arch, our stainless railings and a ladder that is pure art.

Let's keep this posting short. Works done. Jabula's ready, and back in the water.

And we are back in Canada tidying up loose ends before we fly back down on the 13th. Hopefully we will be away by the 15th or 16th and then we high-tail it to Costa Rica, only stopping once or twice in Mexico.

Watch this space.
Vessel Name: Jabula
Vessel Make/Model: Westerly 33
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Crew: Bruce and Jeannie Quayle
About: Love sailing, fishing, adventuring. tale-swapping and each other!
Extra: Mustn't forget the rum!!!

Jabula: Beyond the Horizon

Who: Bruce and Jeannie Quayle
Port: Victoria, B.C. Canada