Jabula: Beyond the Horizon

20 June 2013 | Luganville
03 March 2012 | Canada
01 January 2012 | Nanaimo - San Carlos
23 February 2008 | Bahia de Chamela
14 February 2008 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
11 February 2008 | Chacala
15 January 2008 | Isla Isabella
17 December 2007 | La Paz, Mexico
13 November 2007 | La Paz, Mexico
10 November 2006 | Monterey
03 November 2006 | Half Moon Bay
29 September 2006 | Coos Bay

HARD Aground - La Paz (still)

26 December 2007
We wish you a merry Christmas...
We wish you a merry Christmas...
We wish you a merry bloody Christmas...
And ourselves back at sea!!!

So here we sit in La Paz...enjoying a very inauspicious Christmas STILL on the hard. Our little Jabula has at least had her keel sand-blasted and cold galvanised, but we were just about to have the rest of the work completed when, guess what??!!?? Christmas comes but once a year...and this was it! So here we sit. Almost everything in La Paz is closed...so we have decided to postpone OUR Christmas until later next week!
However all was not lost!
La Paz was abuzz on Christmas eve with fiestas, Mariachi bands, tooting horns, et al. The pubs that were open were offering free tequila shots and were extremely festive. Happy jollification extended into the early hours of the morning and it was a happy place to be. This morning (Christmas Day) we managed to find a place to eat a decent breakfast and spent a rather wonderful afternoon perched in Jabula's cockpit, listening to Brazilian Christmas music from a Christmas past and toasting family and friends. In the evening we made our way back to town and discovered that our favourite restaurant - Rancho Viejo - was open and we enjoyed a delicious un-Christmas dinner there.
So it's MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all out there. And we wish everyone a prosperous New Year and all the very best for 2008!!!
Vessel Name: Jabula
Vessel Make/Model: Westerly 33
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Crew: Bruce and Jeannie Quayle
About: Love sailing, fishing, adventuring. tale-swapping and each other!
Extra: Mustn't forget the rum!!!

Jabula: Beyond the Horizon

Who: Bruce and Jeannie Quayle
Port: Victoria, B.C. Canada