The Jackson Four on Tour

Operation 'sell Pegasus of Jersey' begins""

22 July 2013 | Moffat, Scotland
29 March 2013 | Penang
27 March 2013 | Mooloolaba and Penang
22 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
05 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
30 January 2013 | Mooloolaba
11 January 2013 | Brisbane River
27 December 2012
26 December 2012 | Brisbane/Godl Coast
16 December 2012 | Brisbane, Australia
06 December 2012
04 December 2012
01 December 2012
01 December 2012 | Townsville
27 November 2012
26 November 2012
23 November 2012 | Cairns, Australia
15 November 2012 | Vlasoff Reef

Swimming with Dolphins

22 May 2011
Catherine
21 May 2011

An early start to the day so I could go up the mast before it got too hot to check out our AIS aerial as ever since I went up the mast in Grenada it hasn't been working properly. I re-connected the socket at the top as it had come loose, but I think it will need some more work when in Colon. We are on our way there now, leaving Porvinir at 6pm as planned (for a change!) We decided to go back the way we came from Isla Elsa, so as to face our demons and show we COULD navigate through tricky reefs. It made a big difference that the light was directly above us (highly recommended!!) Oh, also that Whit was up the spreaders (half way up the mast) being spotter. His directions agreed with mine that I was giving using the computer charts (thanks Pete!) and we successfully navigated our way out. Once anchored in Porvinir, we were delighted that A) the water was clean enough to swim (the first time we arrived, I think they had just emptied their sewage into the sea. Nice.) and B) there were four dolphins that came and joined the kids whilst they were snorkelling. For about an hour, the kids were watching the dolphins in the water and at one point one of the dolphins stuck his head out of the water as if to see where they were, and then started to swim over to them again. Amazing. Mark treated the kids to a whizz around the bay, towing them behind the dinghy on the boogey board so as to get some energy out of them before going on the boat again. There was just some time for Mia and Whit to find some gigantic sand dollars before heading off into a beautiful sunset. Now I've got to start reading up on the Panama Canal....
Comments
Vessel Name: Pegasus of Jersey
Vessel Make/Model: Nautitech 395 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Lefkas, Greece
Crew: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
About:
Having met whilst sailing on Bob's boat, there always was a vague plan that we would at some stage sell the house, buy a boat and sail round the world. Unfortunately, we didn't have a house. That was 9 years ago. [...]

Jackson Four on Tour

Who: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
Port: Lefkas, Greece