The Jackson Four on Tour

Operation 'sell Pegasus of Jersey' begins""

22 July 2013 | Moffat, Scotland
29 March 2013 | Penang
27 March 2013 | Mooloolaba and Penang
22 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
05 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
30 January 2013 | Mooloolaba
11 January 2013 | Brisbane River
27 December 2012
26 December 2012 | Brisbane/Godl Coast
16 December 2012 | Brisbane, Australia
06 December 2012
04 December 2012
01 December 2012
01 December 2012 | Townsville
27 November 2012
26 November 2012
23 November 2012 | Cairns, Australia
15 November 2012 | Vlasoff Reef

boat activity, island activity, boat activity, island activity

26 June 2011 | Tortuga Bay, Santa Cruz, Galapagos
Catherine

Even though we are loving all the trips here, we mustn't neglect Pegasus, especially as we have the longest leg of our journey ahead of us in a couple of weeks. So we have fallen into a pattern of doing something exciting one day, followed by boat maintenance the next. There's a lot to do. We are still catching up on the laundry. Luckily the agent has a machine we can use and a line to dry the clothes. Also, all the fuel and water has to be dinghied in 25 litre jerry cans to the boat, which is no mean feat, considering the surf we are still negotiating (whereby even the kids are not arguing about wearing lifejackets!) Actually, the list consists mostly of finding places to put all the stuff we dumped in Whit's room whilst he was gone as we did a big provision before we left Panama. On Friday, Mark and the kids went ashore for the kids to do their school work and Mark to skype his family and catch up on emails, like where to send our satellite phone that has not worked since the Atlantic. I stayed on the boat and spent the whole day swapping contents of cupboards around to make things easier to access and check sell by dates on the stuff we bought in Greece. Not too many surprises, though we will have to eat more of those TUC biscuits in the next month!
Yesterday we hiked the 2.5 kms to Tortuga beach which was absolutely beautiful. Take St Ouen's bay in Jersey and you are nearly there, though you have to add pelicans and marine iguanas. We dragged all the snorkel gear there, but then only the kids went in, so excited to be able to swim after a long long time. They didn't report any major wildlife under the water and we could see the iguanas swimming on the top of the water, so Mark and I rested in the shade of the mangroves whilst the kids played with Johannes from Goody, a South African boat next to us in the anchorage.
PS, we moved OK the other day from the spot the tourist boat sank, the only sign we were near a wreck was the bed sheets we pulled up on our anchor. As Mark said, if only we had pulled up an outboard engine, we could have claimed salvage!
Comments
Vessel Name: Pegasus of Jersey
Vessel Make/Model: Nautitech 395 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Lefkas, Greece
Crew: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
About:
Having met whilst sailing on Bob's boat, there always was a vague plan that we would at some stage sell the house, buy a boat and sail round the world. Unfortunately, we didn't have a house. That was 9 years ago. [...]

Jackson Four on Tour

Who: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
Port: Lefkas, Greece