The Jackson Four on Tour

Operation 'sell Pegasus of Jersey' begins""

22 July 2013 | Moffat, Scotland
29 March 2013 | Penang
27 March 2013 | Mooloolaba and Penang
22 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
05 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
30 January 2013 | Mooloolaba
11 January 2013 | Brisbane River
27 December 2012
26 December 2012 | Brisbane/Godl Coast
16 December 2012 | Brisbane, Australia
06 December 2012
04 December 2012
01 December 2012
01 December 2012 | Townsville
27 November 2012
26 November 2012
23 November 2012 | Cairns, Australia
15 November 2012 | Vlasoff Reef

Goodbye to Cairns library!!

23 November 2012 | Cairns, Australia
Catherine
OK, so there are other things and people we will miss when we leave Cairns. A special big thank you to Karma Meg and Dave who have been there for us to answer all questions local and lend us a heat gun for dinghy repairs. Also to the Scuttlebuggers, our neighbours who have been good friends for our two and put up with us coming to and fro into the marina.
Yes, we are back in for a few days. Having spent an enjoyable full day ashore, it was slightly disconcerting to dinghy back in the dark to find Pegasus about 200 metres along the river from where we had left her. Given that we had anchored in 0 metres of water at low tide and put out 30 metres of chain, it wasn't a nice feeling to be pushed along in the tide. So we moved!!
Oh yes, the library. Our friend and refuge these past few weeks. A quiet place to home school in the morning. A cool place to relax in during the hot hot afternoons. 10 books or audiobooks out at a time; we've never read so much!! We will miss Cairns library!!
But, it's time to move on. We would like to be in Brisbane and Sydney for the Christmas/New Year period. There haven't been many Northerly winds as yet, but I reckon we can gently hop down in small bite sized journeys, making the most of the local wind conditions.
We've been busy servicing Pegasus......re-wiring the autohelm, servicing the steering, the heads, putting in a new bilge pump and of course re-gluing the dinghy. My most hated job so far. Even though we just had a tiny slow leak of air, we have taken about 3 times to finally fix it. I say finally, but the first job this morning will be to pump it up again and test our repairs. Fingers crossed, everyone!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Pegasus of Jersey
Vessel Make/Model: Nautitech 395 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Lefkas, Greece
Crew: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
About:
Having met whilst sailing on Bob's boat, there always was a vague plan that we would at some stage sell the house, buy a boat and sail round the world. Unfortunately, we didn't have a house. That was 9 years ago. [...]

Jackson Four on Tour

Who: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
Port: Lefkas, Greece