The Jackson Four on Tour

Operation 'sell Pegasus of Jersey' begins""

22 July 2013 | Moffat, Scotland
29 March 2013 | Penang
27 March 2013 | Mooloolaba and Penang
22 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
05 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
30 January 2013 | Mooloolaba
11 January 2013 | Brisbane River
27 December 2012
26 December 2012 | Brisbane/Godl Coast
16 December 2012 | Brisbane, Australia
06 December 2012
04 December 2012
01 December 2012
01 December 2012 | Townsville
27 November 2012
26 November 2012
23 November 2012 | Cairns, Australia
15 November 2012 | Vlasoff Reef

The Whitsundays

04 December 2012
Catherine

When googling the Whitsundays, I saw that it was on the 'top ten sailing sites in the world' so it would be foolish not to have stopped off here, albeit briefly. I was interested to see that some of the other nine must-sail places were the Greek Islands, French Polynesia, the Bay of Islands, the Galápagos Islands, and I forget the others but that's not bad. However Mark reminded me of a quote we saw on a sailing forum on the Internet.....'world cruising.......fixing your boat in exotic locations.' Oh, how we laughed. Actually, I don't think Mark was laughing, he may have been crying. However, any cruiser will know that doing stuff to the boat is an ongoing project, and here in this exotic place, we have been servicing the heads, repairing the sailbag, re-roping the trampoline. None of them biggies, but all of them important so we can keep our little Pegasus in tip top condition.
By the way, the Whitsundays were lovely. Turquoise waters, white sandy beaches. A bit like the Greek islands, French Polynesia, the Bay of Islands. Come to think of it, Plemont on a sunny day. The only difference was that when Mark and the kids wanted to have a dip in the sea for a quick snorkel, it took them three quarters of an hour to get wetsuits, stinger suits, mitts, hoods, socks, snorkel and mask on. Maybe not like Plemont on the deadly jellyfish front.
We had a beautiful spinnaker sail down Westhaven beach and were all anchored ready for a quiet night's rest before setting off again. Alas, the scant Internet we managed to get showed us that the northerly winds we enjoyed today were only going to be around for another 24 hours, so we raised the hook and set off again, southbound for as long as the wind will take us, or we run out of provisions. At the speed we are doing at the moment it might not take us very long.....7 knots, lovely jubbly. Fish catching speed, methinks. Excuse me whilst I get Lochy's lucky lure ready.
Comments
Vessel Name: Pegasus of Jersey
Vessel Make/Model: Nautitech 395 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Lefkas, Greece
Crew: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
About:
Having met whilst sailing on Bob's boat, there always was a vague plan that we would at some stage sell the house, buy a boat and sail round the world. Unfortunately, we didn't have a house. That was 9 years ago. [...]

Jackson Four on Tour

Who: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
Port: Lefkas, Greece