The Jackson Four on Tour

Operation 'sell Pegasus of Jersey' begins""

22 July 2013 | Moffat, Scotland
29 March 2013 | Penang
27 March 2013 | Mooloolaba and Penang
22 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
05 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
30 January 2013 | Mooloolaba
11 January 2013 | Brisbane River
27 December 2012
26 December 2012 | Brisbane/Godl Coast
16 December 2012 | Brisbane, Australia
06 December 2012
04 December 2012
01 December 2012
01 December 2012 | Townsville
27 November 2012
26 November 2012
23 November 2012 | Cairns, Australia
15 November 2012 | Vlasoff Reef

We're going to sell Pegasus!!

16 December 2012 | Brisbane, Australia
Catherine, who else?!
This might be my longest radio silence for quite some time. So much has been happening this past week; our heads are full of 'to do' lists, we've been busy socialising both with friends who live here and cruisers and yes, we've decided that we will be putting Pegasus of Jersey on the market. But let me rewind a little.
The trip from Bundaberg to Brisbane was, shall we say, lively, with SE25-30. That's on the nose. We knew it would be but given that the winds weren't due to turn until yesterday, that would have been a long wait in Bundy, not being able to crack on with things like lifting Pegasus out of the water before Christmas.
Talk about making the last trip one to remember! I was pretty much begging that we should stop at Maloolooba on the way down and wait for a more sensible wind, but Mark was on a mission. Brisbane before Christmas. It wasn't that it was dangerous. Just uncomfortable. Add to that the autopilot not working for the last 24 hours ( we had put a box of wires next to the fluxgate compass....school girl error!) and it was one hour on, one hour off and I've never been so glad to get into port.
So here we are anchored off Brisbane Botanical Gardens. The pile moorings are all full, but we've got a good spot and we haven't dragged in the week we've been here so here we will stay until we get lifted out on Wednesday.
We can't advertise Pegasus for sale until we have paid the import tax, hence the use of future tense in the first sentence. But the ball is rolling. Someone has been to value our boat and has made us feel a lot better by being very complimentary about her and our potential to sell her, especially as when we do start to sell her we won't be being greedy and holding out for (in my opinion) a ridiculously inflated Australian price. So feel free to PM me for enquiries. As I said, she won't be for sale until we've paid the tax, but the paperwork should be underway soon so as I typically end my blog.....watch this space!
Comments
Vessel Name: Pegasus of Jersey
Vessel Make/Model: Nautitech 395 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Lefkas, Greece
Crew: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
About:
Having met whilst sailing on Bob's boat, there always was a vague plan that we would at some stage sell the house, buy a boat and sail round the world. Unfortunately, we didn't have a house. That was 9 years ago. [...]

Jackson Four on Tour

Who: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
Port: Lefkas, Greece