The Jackson Four on Tour

Operation 'sell Pegasus of Jersey' begins""

22 July 2013 | Moffat, Scotland
29 March 2013 | Penang
27 March 2013 | Mooloolaba and Penang
22 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
05 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
30 January 2013 | Mooloolaba
11 January 2013 | Brisbane River
27 December 2012
26 December 2012 | Brisbane/Godl Coast
16 December 2012 | Brisbane, Australia
06 December 2012
04 December 2012
01 December 2012
01 December 2012 | Townsville
27 November 2012
26 November 2012
23 November 2012 | Cairns, Australia
15 November 2012 | Vlasoff Reef

Come on baby, float my boat

11 January 2013 | Brisbane River
Catherine
Well, how to summarise the past two weeks? First, our trip to Sydney. Well, Libby our car, lovingly and speedily made road worthy by Mark a week before served us well and didn't overheat at all in her 24 hour round trip. Unfortunately, $600 didn't buy us air conditioning that worked, but with the windows wound down, at least the hot air circulated and blew our hair around. When we got back up to Brissy, we looked into getting the air con fixed. $800. I think we'll stick to the wind-in-our-hair cooling system.
It was so so lovely to stay with my cousin (once removed?!) Lynda and Keff in their gorgeous house on the North Shore. The kids in particular enjoyed feeding the parakeets and cockatoos on the balcony every morning. New Years Eve was crazy in a Sydney craziness, where we joined the crowds to watch the fireworks when we should have been responsible parents and put Lochy to bed early because he had been puking all day, but GODDAMN, we had driven 12 hours to see the fireworks. He did enjoy them, luckily!!
And so on to Pegasus. I found out this week that I am not a grafter. For 9 days solid, we worked from 7am to 7pm antifouling, cleaning the bilges til they shone, putting new rudder bearings in, installing a new sail drive, buffing the inside of the keels, putting stuff in storage. And I hated every minute of it. I moaned quite frequently and had at least 2 meltdowns during this time. By when Pegasus went into the water today and Mark put the starboard engine into gear AND IT WORKED, every minute of it was worth it. The folk at Brisbane ship lift were amazing and even stopped the clock on Tuesday for the daily charge so we didn't feel pressured into putting Pegasus back in before she was ready. So, I would highly recommend Brisbane Ship Lifts if you have transport and don't mind the sand flies.
Now, we are anchored in Brisbane river right next to the swimming baths where we have been seeking refuge for the past three days. And when the wind turns, we will head up to Mooloolaba and put the boat on the market once we have imported her. The end of our trip is nigh!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Pegasus of Jersey
Vessel Make/Model: Nautitech 395 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Lefkas, Greece
Crew: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
About:
Having met whilst sailing on Bob's boat, there always was a vague plan that we would at some stage sell the house, buy a boat and sail round the world. Unfortunately, we didn't have a house. That was 9 years ago. [...]

Jackson Four on Tour

Who: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
Port: Lefkas, Greece