Believe's Adventures

Vessel Name: BELIEVE
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 321
Hailing Port: Salem, KY
18 October 2013 | Cuba Landing
16 October 2013
25 September 2013 | KDM
16 September 2013
11 August 2013 | KDM
05 May 2013 | KY Dam MArina
Recent Blog Posts
18 October 2013 | Cuba Landing

Day 4

Day 4

16 October 2013

Finally Underway

8 Oct. 22013

25 September 2013 | KDM

Still Counting Down

T Minus One Week and Counting:

16 September 2013

Countdown Continues

T minus 4 weeks and counting:

11 August 2013 | KDM

Countdown

Counting Down

05 May 2013 | KY Dam MArina

Getting the Act Together

It is another gloomy day in the neighborhood. I am so ready for some sunshine. At least during the last couple of weeks we had a few days that were descent. The Admiral and I started our spring cleaning – summerizing - aboard Believe. So far, we have oiled the interior wood, pressure washed the deck, [...]

Getting the Act Together

05 May 2013 | KY Dam MArina
Duke / Rain
It is another gloomy day in the neighborhood. I am so ready for some sunshine. At least during the last couple of weeks we had a few days that were descent. The Admiral and I started our spring cleaning – summerizing - aboard Believe. So far, we have oiled the interior wood, pressure washed the deck, removed a load of unused items, inventoried the storage compartments under the quarter berth and did a thorough cleaning / sanitizing of the fresh water system. Cleaning the fresh water system required multiple treatment / flushing cycles over a three day period. I still want to install a filter to improve the taste, but now I don’t hesitate to drink the water from the tank.

Projects are ongoing: Over the winter I purchased, repaired and installed a pressurized kerosene stove in the galley. (Pic Attached) I am currently stitching together a new bimini cover, and planning to install a couple solar panels when the bimini is done. There are additional projects in the waiting, but some of them may have to be done while we are underway this fall.

The Admiral and I are planning an extended time aboard before Memorial Day to develop our list of priorities for this fall. Our junket will be limited to the lakes, and once we get into the more narrower areas we will be limited to motoring.

This trip should give us a better understanding of food, fuel and water usage, and a snapshot of our physical limitations. At least, with the repeated handling of the anchor and rowing the dinghy, I expect my stamina to improve.

For now what I really need:

Fair Winds and SUNSHINE,

About & Links