Jacquie's Seawing Adventures

05 January 2010 | canada
06 January 2009 | Freeport, Bahamas
08 December 2008 | Freeport, Bahamas
02 December 2008 | Freeport, Bahamas
01 December 2008 | Freeport, Bahamas
18 November 2008 | Freeport, Bahamas
09 November 2008 | Bimini, Bahamas
08 November 2008 | Biscayne Bay, FL
07 November 2008 | Tavernier, FL
06 November 2008 | Fort Myers, FL
22 August 2008 | Lehigh Acres, FL
04 April 2008 | Fort Myers, FL
25 March 2008 | Lehigh Acres, FL
10 March 2008 | Airdrie, AB

Beach & Boat

04 April 2008 | Fort Myers, FL
Jacquie
I have to start writing more often. This is only my third journal entry. Last Sunday we went to Ft. Myers Beach. Both the city and the beach are called Ft. Myers beach. The city is very touristy. There are lots of little shops. They have everything from necklaces to blown glass bottles to clothes. It took us awhile to find a parking spot because we were pulling our little yellow motor boat behind us. We finally found a parking spot five blocks away from the beach. So we grabbed all our stuff and walked down. Even though there were a ton of people we found a place to set up our lawn chairs and drop our stuff almost right away. The beach was awesome. There was a bridge to our left that went to some kind of platform. We were not allowed to swim under the bridge. Ben my Mon and I went way out the water and it was still only a little past my waist. There wasn't very much seaweed which I was glad about. Also the water was quite clear. It was really cool. There were touristy shops and restaurants behind us and ocean as far as the eye could see in front of us. After we had been in the water for awhile we got out and me and Ben started making a sand fort. Then we decided to bury Ben in sand, wet sand. Once he was buried we took a video of him trying to get out. It was hilarious. We are going to try to go to the beach on Sundays, when we can get there.

Yesterday we put the sail boat back in the water. There is this big vehicle that is shaped kind of like a box. It is extremely tall so it can drive right over the boat. Then the guys that work at the boat yard attach big slings under the boat. They then raise the slings to pick up the boat and drive it over to the slipway. Then they lower it into the river

Once the boat was in we drove it for two hours until we got to Port LaBelle. We left the boat there over night. Then we came back this morning. We are on the sailboat right now on our way to a friend's of ours named Howard. He is going to let us dock behind his house for two months until we get out boat fixed up. We are waiting a little ways off from The Franklin Lock right now. We have to wait for the boat that are going up the river to go through and then we get to go. Whew it is really hot out right now. Ben and I put ice in our hats to cool us down. Yeah it will be our turn to go through the lock soon!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: SeawingI
Gallery Error: Unknown Album [1:]:4138
SeawingI's Photos -