Jacquie's Seawing Adventures

05 January 2010 | canada
06 January 2009 | Freeport, Bahamas
08 December 2008 | Freeport, Bahamas
02 December 2008 | Freeport, Bahamas
01 December 2008 | Freeport, Bahamas
18 November 2008 | Freeport, Bahamas
09 November 2008 | Bimini, Bahamas
08 November 2008 | Biscayne Bay, FL
07 November 2008 | Tavernier, FL
06 November 2008 | Fort Myers, FL
22 August 2008 | Lehigh Acres, FL
04 April 2008 | Fort Myers, FL
25 March 2008 | Lehigh Acres, FL
10 March 2008 | Airdrie, AB

Near The Florida Keys

07 November 2008 | Tavernier, FL
Jacquie
It is 12:26 in the afternoon. My Mom and Dad took shifts and they kept driving all last night. We still haven't stopped. We may anchor tonight if my parents are too tired. Earlier today Ben and I put on our lifejackets and sat on the edge of the boat with our feet hanging over. It was fun. The boat was rolling around and our legs were getting splashed. We were being goofy (especially Ben). I also saw a stingray jump out of the water. It was cool. The water is really calm now. Dad said it is because we are closer to land. We can see Cape Sable now. Flamingo is next to Cape Sable and it is the southern tip of Florida. Dad said we might not see Flamingo. I think I am going to go on deck now...
...It is 7:42pm. Ben and I just finished watching a movie on the new TV. It is mounted on the wall by the salon (a.k.a the kitchen table). We are planning on anchoring at a place called Tavernier tonight. We anchored there a few times when we went sailing about four years ago. We went swimming beside our boat and we even washed our hair in the water.
On boats there are different names for things. The kitchen is called the galley, the bathroom is called the head; the bedrooms are called cabins etc.
In a little while we will be coming up to a narrow channel that is deep enough for us to go through but if you were to go outside the channel the water wouldn't even be up to your knees!...
...It's 10:42pm. I'm still up in the cockpit. When Dad tells me to I take a light out on deck and look for the channel marker. Ben went to bed a little while ago because he was getting really tired. We use red lights to see the charts at night because they don't blind you. If you use regular flashlights it takes your eyes awhile to adjust to the dark again. We also have a light above our navigation station down inside the boat that can be either red or white...
... Its 11:23 now we are about to anchor at Tavernier.
Comments
Vessel Name: SeawingI
Gallery Error: Unknown Album [1:]:4138
SeawingI's Photos -