S/V Banjo - Waltzing Round the Med

14 May 2015
27 March 2015 | Gosport
15 March 2015 | Gosport
18 February 2015
20 January 2015 | Gosport
23 December 2014 | Gosport
05 December 2014 | Cartagena
26 November 2014 | Gosport, HANTS
21 November 2014 | Gosport, Hants
09 November 2014 | Gosport, Hants
19 October 2014 | Fareham, Hants
29 September 2014 | Santa Ponsa
10 September 2014 | Palma
01 September 2014 | Santa Ponsa
29 August 2014 | Las Illetas
16 August 2014 | Palma
14 August 2014 | Mahon
11 August 2014
09 August 2014 | Salerno
06 August 2014

Oyster Pond

14 December 2008 | St Martin
Hot!!!!
We have at last arrived in St Martin to pick up Drimia and set off around the Caribbean. Have spent the week doing jobs on her to get her ready for the Pacific crossing. Spent huge amounts of money in Budget Marine, the local chandlery which has just about everything you could want and more. They've been great there. Winston even taught Andy how to splice! We now have a new dinghy and outboard to go ashore in. It's a nice sturdy rubber one unlike the tinny one that Andy fell out of in Eden on our trip from Melbourne to Sydney! We can't think of a name for it so have decided it's the 'Ute to Drimia', in keeping with our new Australian status!

We have some electronic work being done tomorrow and, hopefully, after that, can get on with some sailing round the island and seeing St Martin from the sea side as opposed to land. We are currently on the French side and will have to check out when we go round to the Dutch side. As it's only 7 miles round the whole of the island, this is distinctly odd but never mind. After that we plan to go over to Anguilla which is about 15 miles away and will take about 2-3 hours to sail to. Hopefully we can take a few photos to put on here.

WiFi has been a bit hard to find in Oyster Pond but is apparently a lot more available once we get to Antigua so maybe I can put some photos on here and let you know a bit about where we are.

We've just spent a pleasant hour in Mr Busby's Beach Bar listening to a steel band do a selection of Christmas Hits so we are thinking of you all in the UK, Christmas shopping in the cold and all of you in Australia. Don't buy us anything this year!! Just come out and visit!
Comments
Vessel Name: Banjo
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 32
Hailing Port: Sydney
Crew: Andy Doughty/Jane Jarratt
About:
We are Brits but moved to Australia in 2007 and became True Blue Australians in 2014! We bought our first boat, Drimia, in St Maarten in the Caribbean back in 2009 and sailed her back to Australia over nearly a year. [...]
Extra: 17/02/15 In September 2014, illness made us give up our trip and go back to the UK for treatment. Andy has myeloma and had to have chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant. He is now in remission.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/svbanjo

Who: Andy Doughty/Jane Jarratt
Port: Sydney