Makani Kai - Postcards from an adventure

14 June 2010 | Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
26 May 2010 | Bali, Indonesia
18 May 2010 | Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
16 May 2010 | Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
14 May 2010 | Uluwatu & Jimbaran Bay, Bali, Indonesia
12 May 2010 | Serangan, Bali, Indonesia
10 May 2010 | Tanah Lot, Bali, Indonesia
09 May 2010 | Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
06 May 2010 | Serangan Harbour, Bali, Indonesia
28 April 2010 | Serangan, Bali
22 April 2010 | Serangan Harbour, Bali
19 April 2010 | Serangan Harbour, Bali
18 April 2010 | Lovina Beach, Bali
14 April 2010 | Belitung, Indonesia
13 April 2010 | Belitung, Indonesia
10 April 2010 | Nongsa Point Marina, Batam, Indonesia
07 April 2010 | Danga Bay Marina, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
01 April 2010 | Melaka, Malaysia
24 March 2010 | Pangkor Island, Malaysia

Hazard Bay, Orpheus Island, Queensland

12 May 2008 | Orpheus Island, Queensland
We left Magnetic Island in gorgeous weather passing Palm Island on the way and into overcast weather at Orpheous Island. It was one of the first lots of rain we had experienced on the trip so far.

The afternoon we arrived we anchored off Orpheous Island Resort. This resort is an exclusive one and we were not permitted to enter, Kenny told us that he was sure that he had read somewhere that celebrities from all over the place went to that resort. Despite keeping our eyes peeled we did not see one guest on the beach from the resort, Brangelina and TomKat had obviously decided to steer clear of prying eyes on this occasion.

The next morning we motored around to Little Pioneer Bay, we had read in our bible of the moment, 'Cruising the Coral Coast' about a Coral Rock house built by a former Oyster farmer on the island and decided that we should take advantage of having something to explore and stretch our legs. We landed on the beach and undertook the short walk to the house. The remains of the Coral Rock House were impressive, several walls were still in tact and it was surrounded by forest. It was a very easy walk and wanting a little bit more exercise, Loretta, Jason, Jay and I left Kenny behind and set off in search of the remains of a cattle station we had also heard about. We began by following some orange ribbon tied around the trees and, I know I sound like a broken record guys, but the walk began to go up hill!! I hate going up hills. This one was through long grass, (snake issue here!!), over rocks (in thongs!!) through lots of prickly burrs (again, in thongs!!) and to top it all off the weather turned very ugly, (rain AND wind), not the pleasant walk we were all hoping for. If you look in the gallery the photos will tell the story. Needless to say we did not find the cattle station and instead turned around and undertook the arduous journey back to Kenny at the bottom of the hill and the short journey back to our nice dry boat.

Our next stop is the Hinchinbrook Channel and hopefully the weather will clear up for us!

For those of you interested the photos for this leg of the trip can be viewed in the gallery in the album titled 'Townsville to Orpheus Island'.

Comments
Vessel Name: Makani Kai
Vessel Make/Model: Stroud 44
Hailing Port: Gold Coast, Queensland
Crew: Jay and Jodie Stroud

Who: Jay and Jodie Stroud
Port: Gold Coast, Queensland