Makani Kai - Postcards from an adventure

14 June 2010 | Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
26 May 2010 | Bali, Indonesia
18 May 2010 | Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
16 May 2010 | Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
14 May 2010 | Uluwatu & Jimbaran Bay, Bali, Indonesia
12 May 2010 | Serangan, Bali, Indonesia
10 May 2010 | Tanah Lot, Bali, Indonesia
09 May 2010 | Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
06 May 2010 | Serangan Harbour, Bali, Indonesia
28 April 2010 | Serangan, Bali
22 April 2010 | Serangan Harbour, Bali
19 April 2010 | Serangan Harbour, Bali
18 April 2010 | Lovina Beach, Bali
14 April 2010 | Belitung, Indonesia
13 April 2010 | Belitung, Indonesia
10 April 2010 | Nongsa Point Marina, Batam, Indonesia
07 April 2010 | Danga Bay Marina, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
01 April 2010 | Melaka, Malaysia
24 March 2010 | Pangkor Island, Malaysia

We are now in the Northern Hemisphere!

22 October 2008 | Pulau Kentar, Indonesia
We headed off after a day of rest from Bangka Island to Pulau Kentar (Kentar Island) which is just past the equator. It was another overnighter and Jay assured me that it would be our last one for a little while. For anyone who has crossed the equator before in a boat you would know that there is much silliness and celebration when this happens for the first time. Many boats have rituals that are followed, some people dress up as Neptune, others throw rotten fruit and eggs at each other, ours was much more tame than this. We slowed down to allow our travelling companions, Galiano, to catch up with the intention of diving overboard and swimming across the equator. I had decided to stay on the boat and make sure that it did not get away from us. Galiano pulled up alongside us and we knew something was up when they asked us if we had any cameras in the cockpit with us. Shortly after these words were spoken we were assaulted with a barrage of water balloons. Having not thought quickly enough Galiano got off extremely lightly but we are like elephants, we never forget!

Jay soon jumped overboard wearing nothing but the Australian flag which seems to have become a trademark of his. He lost a pair of snorkelling goggles as he jumped over, we decided that could be our offering to Neptune. Both Brian and Brenda jumped off their yacht deciding to let it drift beside them as they swam, they figured if they drifted too far then I could pick them up and take them back to their boat but they seemed to forget that they had just pelted us with water balloons! Luckily for them Galiano remained faithfully beside them the entire time. At one stage I looked out the front of the boat and saw Jay and Brian both nude in the water, a kiwi and an aussie and I thought there's got to be a joke in that somewhere!

Soon the guys climbed back on board and we headed off to the anchorage at Kentar Island for some much needed rest.
Comments
Vessel Name: Makani Kai
Vessel Make/Model: Stroud 44
Hailing Port: Gold Coast, Queensland
Crew: Jay and Jodie Stroud

Who: Jay and Jodie Stroud
Port: Gold Coast, Queensland