It's a Joint Decision

12 March 2010 | Florida
01 March 2010 | Florida
28 February 2010 | Florida
26 February 2010 | Bisayne Bay Florida
26 February 2010 | Bisayne Bay Florida

Biscayne Bay in February

26 February 2010 | Bisayne Bay Florida
Blowing hot and cold
If you see us onboard, it's probably in Biscayne Bay. Just 70 miles from home in Broward County Florida, we trail JD to Black Point Marina.

Last weekend was kinda typical for the time of year. We both worked late on Thursday, so it was late on Friday when we pulled JD from the side of the house to head down to Black Point Marina.

First order of business was to renew the Truck and Trailer Annual Parking permit, it's less than $100 a year for us (now officially 'Seniors') so it's a really good deal. No need to worry about security, and since the down turn in the ecomony, there's lots of space (the power boaters cannot afford to burn the gas dollars!)

We have to put the mast up every trip, kinda useful, so we spend about an hour plus getting everything ready to launch. That's when we hit a minor snag. The line securing the swing keel had detached from the raising blocks and as we bumped the boat off the trailer, the keel would hit the ramp.. not good. Only took 10 mins to fix it and the rest of the launch went easy.

Ok, so we're on the water, motor over to Sands Key anchorage and have a glass of wine and watch TV. We get to go sailing tomorrow!
Comments
Vessel Name: Joint Decision
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 250 WB
Hailing Port: Black Point - Miami
Crew: Paul & Peggy
About: Sailing JD since new in 2005, looking forward to more time, more place, and more fun aboard our boat.
Extra: Hail us on #16, we'll answer to 'JayDee' (short for Joint Decsion.)

Joint Decision(s)

Who: Paul & Peggy
Port: Black Point - Miami