Two To Tango in the Wind

Janet and John Harrington's blog as they sail Tango from San Francisco, CA (USA) to the South Pacific, Tonga, New Zealand, back to the US, and beyond.

One day until we leave the mooring ball!

It is Saturday, 6 July. We've been on-the-ball (mooring ball) almost 10 days waiting out a giant stormy High-pressure system. It isn't passing, it's being eaten by high level low pressure systems. 30+ kts of wind for days, rain for days, BORING. But guess what...

All the photo's are caught up in this blog. It is way too hard to try and arrange them in time order, so I stopped doing that. I also reduced the amount of photo tinkering. What a pain!.

The sun is supposed to sneak out over the next couple of hours. We plan to take in the mooring lines and head back to Tahaa tomorrow morning. We'll anchor or grab another mooring ball in Baie Tapuami for a day or two. We want to snorkle in Tahaa's Coral Garden. Monday or Tuesday we have to return to Raiatea to turn in our French Polynesian exit papers and pay our fees. It will take the authorities a couple of days to process them. We plan to leave here on Thursday, 11 July but I may try to sneak out Wed evening if we get our papers (don't tell Janet!). We have to fuel, get food, and get the paperwork done.

The trip to Suwarrow will be in low winds to it may take 7+ days to get there. We may simply head for Tonga if the light winds up toward Suwarrow are too painful.

Picture is Janet cookin' up potato pancakes for breakfast on the is dreary, rainy morning. We have a whopping 2 kts of wind which is different from last nights 25 kt. Come on sun...


Comments