Two To Tango in the Wind

Janet and John Harrington's blog as they sail Tango from San Francisco, CA (USA) to the South Pacific, Tonga, New Zealand, back to the US, and beyond.

Slowly approaching Suwarrow

All is fine on Tango. Weather is pretty nice and the high swell/sea is slowly decreasing. Winds are too unfortunately, but, then that is physics!

Sailing on the main reefed down 2 and pushed out all the way to the port side for now. Reefing stopped slapping in swell and isn't really impacting speed. We gibe the sail as need to best head to Suwarrow. Wind is 12kt blow to the W Combined Swell/Sea is 1.5M from SE 20% scattered clouds Baro back down 2 to 1012

We had a visitor last night around 0200. I heard a really odd zip-rattle-slide. I look over the stern to make such we didn't snag a fishing net... hummmm nothing. We after light and Janet gettting up she noticed a bunch of bird poop on the helm chain... I climbed up to look at the top of the bimini and yup... a Booby had spent hours up there doing what they do best. A cpuole of cups of water and some wiping of the solar panels, you know the Booby landing pad... all clean. This is the second time a Booby has spent the night. The first was during the East Pacific crossing. That one stayed up front and the wave cleaned the deck.

Not much to report. Looks like a Sunday arrival unless we slow further. I'm hoping we can get in and anchored before dark so we don't have to hang around until Monday AM to go in. Time and wind will tell.

J&J


Comments