Two To Tango in the Wind

Janet and John Harrington's blog as they sail Tango from San Francisco, CA (USA) to the South Pacific, Tonga, New Zealand, back to the US, and beyond.

Farallon Electronics Support ROCKS!

About a year before Janet and I left SF for the South Pacific I worked with Farallon Electronics, San Rafael, CA and installed a new and very complete electronics suite. It is 100% B&G and has been one of the items that has help make this adventure safe and secure.

For several months the 12" Zeus3 Chartplotter demonstrated some minor issues (a green vertical line in the display, wouldn't read memory cards, occasionally wouldn't interface with the radar...). Usually after a couple of restarts it would behave and it's odd behavior never impacted the helm 9" Zeus3. We were inconvenienced... then it completely died; wouldn't turn on.

I contacted Eric Steinberg at Farallon Electronics and he was able to get Navico/B&G to agree to a warranty replacement. Then Eric went that extra mile and was able to broker Navico into supplying the replacement from Australia to Tonga. Seems Navico US doesn't ship overseas! Well after about a month of managing and intervening on Eric's part the unit arrived today. It is installed, configured and working perfectly.

Those of you that know me understand that I don't "shoutout" often but Eric and Farallon Electronics made the extra effort and supported Tango, on a remote island (Vava'u) in the Kingdom of Tonga. Tango has sailed more than 6000NM to get here. The photo is of our anchorage... very remote and wonderful!

THANK YOU Eric! Janet and I appreciate your extra efforts and we'll make sure people know.



Comments