XII Bar Blues - A trip round the bay

24 June 2019 | Cavalaire
09 August 2018 | Port Napoleon
15 July 2018 | Porto Petro
29 June 2018
23 June 2018
23 June 2018
23 June 2018 | Santa Ponsa
16 June 2018
19 June 2016 | Cabrera
19 June 2016 | Palma
07 June 2016 | Portocolom
07 June 2016 | Portocolom
02 June 2016 | Mahon
29 May 2016 | Fornells
24 June 2015 | Port Cros
17 June 2015 | Rade de la Badine
17 June 2015 | La Ciotat
27 July 2014 | Port Napoleon
06 July 2014 | Cala Santa Ponsa
24 June 2014 | Cala San Vicente

Striking out for Menorca

29 May 2016 | Fornells
JMP
It is, of course, not in the remotest bit surprising to find that Johnny Frog (JF) is on strike again (over some rather modest reforms to the labour laws which mostly don't have any effect on those on strike). It is, however, bloody annoying that one cannot buy diesel when you need it. Thus the crew of XII Bar Blues found themselves hanging around filling stations instead of hanging around bars which is their more natural habitat.

A decent weather window for a trip to Menorca was in prospect on Mr Noah's Grib files but with the likelihood of a calm patch after 24 hours and hence the desire for full tanks.

In the end good luck prevailed and under the glowering stares of the locals, jerry cans were filled and taken to the boat. The DS did a good job of trying to explain that this was needed and not greedy stockpiling. This brave effort at improving international relations was , as is usual in the socialist heaven, met with that shrugging business for which JF enjoys fame.

31 hours and 215 miles later the 3 Pensioners aboard ( not the same 3 as the last Balearic adventure) picked up a mooring buoy in Fornells on the north coast of Menorca. Mr Noah's forecast turned out to be spot on and fast reaching conditions prevailed for the first 18 hours or so followed by the light winds that made the fuel run a necessity.

Es Cranc maintains its high standards for straightforward grub at low prices and the Pensioners will make a second visit in three days in order to adhere to the audit standards of a certain well-known yacht club.

Tio Pepe has been procured so that the tradition of an Occasional Small Sherry can be upheld. The skipper is convinced that he read (doubtless in an august scientific journal) that the aforementioned OSS is exempt from the governments guidelines on these matters - anyhow it's none of their business !
Comments
Vessel Name: XII Bar Blues
Vessel Make/Model: X-Yachts X-442
Hailing Port: Lymington, Hampshire, England
Social:
XII Bar Blues's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 26 June 2009