Westsail 32: Kabuki

Getting Ready for our first voyage together.

10 September 2009
07 September 2009
03 September 2009 | Norsand
01 September 2009
27 August 2009
25 August 2009
20 August 2009
18 August 2009
13 August 2009
10 August 2009
05 August 2009 | Whangarei
29 July 2009
18 July 2009 | Home
14 July 2009 | Whangarei
06 July 2009
26 June 2009 | Capitaine Bougainville Theatre
24 June 2009 | Whangarei Library
21 June 2009 | Town Basin

A dinghy at last

06 July 2009
Last week we bought a Dinghy off Trademe, the bidding was furious and fraught with indecision. But after months of trying we finally succeeded in making the purchase.
To us old timers it is a bit scary buying something sight unseen (apart from photos). But we went down and collected it from Auckland, and we are very happy with the purchase. We did a test row around the town basin yesterday. This is a bit like punting on the Avon River in Christchurch, but without the park-like grounds and landscaped gardens. It is more mangroves, mudflats, Shag's, Duck's and shopping trolleys.
We then hoisted the dinghy up on to Kabuki to check the fit, and it was perfect. The dinghy is also very light and easy to carry for us. It needs a little bit of TLC, but Paul is hard at work even as I scribe.

Today, our canvas arrived for the sailcover that I am going to make. The sailcover is about 9 feet long and 1.4m at the big end. So it will be a bit of a mission handling it, but I have made one before ( I was younger then, perhaps more stupid).
Anyway that is all the boat news for this weekend.

Back into work, for another week. Doing two school holiday funtime's with the under 8's this week and next week. This should keep me out of trouble..................yeah right ;-)
Comments
Vessel Name: Kabuki
Vessel Make/Model: Westsail 32 #425
Hailing Port: Whangarei, New Zealand
Crew: Paul Bowling and Wendy Smith
About:
Paul and I have been sailing around Whangarei and the Bay of Islands for the last 14 years. We have owned a few boats in that time, ranging from a 20ft Trailer Sailer to a 36ft New Zealand built Eric Cox design yacht. [...]
Extra: Thought this would be a good way of keeping family and friends up to speed with our progress on getting Kabuki and ourselves ready for the big adventure.

Kabuki

Who: Paul Bowling and Wendy Smith
Port: Whangarei, New Zealand