13 August 2009
Well I finished the Mainsail cover last week or, was it the week before? (where does time go). It was not as easy as the first Mainsail cover I made years back. This one was about 3ft longer, and my hands don't work as well as they used to. But I think I did an alright job, I used my old Janome sewing machine ( the one I used on the other cover). This machine is no good for doing delicate/normal sewing anymore, the tension seems to be all wrong.
So I have now started making a new cockpit cover, which hopefully I will install on the boat tomorrow. This will be of course if I am feeling better, as I have had Paul's cold for the last two days.
Paul was saying today that we may be putting the boat on the hard in a couple of weeks time ( yahoo). That means that we will hopefully be able to move aboard after we have Kabuki back in the water. ........... We are on countdown to departure.....